Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.com (Russian) 68 MILLION results in google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Москве.com (Ace: xn--b1agnhks.com)

The word returns 4,391,885 at http://wordstat.yandex.ru

and

67,800,000 on google. and 63,000,000 on yahoo.

The word means "to Moscow"

Domain is registered at Idotz.net

I am looking for any offers.
Thanks,
Andrew Shaw

Domain summit 2024

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw said:

No it doesn't

москва has the 4,391,885 yandex.... (which is a different tense - you can have a russian native speaker verify this)..

Always double check U.S. ovt as it can tell you if the word is searched or not if it doesn't directly appear on yandex as there are many diff tenses in the russian language.
москва has 4000 u.s. ovt which shows this is the word that is searched while your version is not usually searched for. http://inventory.overture.com

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jeff is correct, in fairness to buyers this is not a searched for word. That does not mean its not brandable or useful, or otherwise valuable. That I do not know.

You can check it here on wordstat/Yandex: It not only gives you searches, but also other forms of word and suggestions. http://wordstat.yandex.ru/advq?rpt=...0%F1%ED%E0%FF&regions_text=%C2%F1%E5&regions=

Also- you show the word as: Москве.com (capitol М) I believe that all Russian words need to be reg'd with ALL small letters like this: москве.com. I am not sure it will reg' with a capitol letter, usually be shown as "taken". IDNers- please correct me if this info on registration is not correct.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bwhhisc said:
Jeff is correct, in fairness to buyers this is not a searched for word. That does not mean its not brandable or useful, or otherwise valuable. That I do not know.

You can check it here on wordstat/Yandex: It not only gives you searches, but also other forms of word and suggestions. http://wordstat.yandex.ru/advq?rpt=...0%F1%ED%E0%FF&regions_text=%C2%F1%E5&regions=

Also- you show the word as: Москве.com (capitol М) I believe that all Russian words need to be reg'd with ALL small letters like this: москве.com. I am not sure it will reg' with a capitol letter, usually be shown as "taken". IDNers- please correct me if this info on registration is not correct.
That is correct it must be in all lowercase letters to be regged.

Nonetheless it is a form of the word not really searched for.
The lowercase shows as unregistered so you are lucky you regged the word with the first letter capitalized as most likely the registrar didn't put the registration thru thus credited your card... You saved your registration fee if this is what happened.

EDIT: I see that you used idotz... They sometimes take 24-48 hours for the domain to actually be registered and put in your account... THus they billed you but didn't give you the domain yet. As another lesson always make sure the domain is also "taken" at another registrar such as dynadot or domainsite right after you register. This can prevent someone else from piggybacking on your new reg at a registrar that doesn't do instant registrations.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems as if I need a bit more practice with these IDN names. Sorry about that,and thank you all for your help!

Andrew Shaw

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw said:
It seems as if I need a bit more practice with these IDN names. Sorry about that,and thank you all for your help!

Andrew Shaw
Another hint is people wouldn't be searching for the verb "to moscow" but rather moscow. Your translation should have raised a red flag.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw said:
Do all the results for the actual word "Москве" in google and yahoo mean anything?
its a verb form which is something similiar as "to moscow" (There are many forms of words in the russian language)

so many news sites etc will use it as a verb but alone as a .com nobody will go to tomoscow.com

Somatic

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw said:

and

67,800,000 on google. and 63,000,000 on yahoo.

The word means "to Moscow"

Domain is registered at Idotz.net

I am looking for any offers.
Thanks,
Andrew Shaw

it doesn't means "to Moscow"
In most cases it's using with preposition "in" in russian "в" i.e. в Москве -in Moscow

Andrew, check the translation more accuracy before posting domain for SALE

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
That is correct it must be in all lowercase letters to be regged.
Nonetheless it is a form of the word not really searched for.
The lowercase shows as unregistered so you are lucky you regged the word with the first letter capitalized as most likely the registrar didn't put the registration thru thus credited your card... You saved your registration fee if this is what happened..

I pm'd the seller when he posted the sale that this term was showing "available" on globalwhois. Strangly enough it does show 'available' with the first letter capitolized, usually it shows 'taken'.

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At this stage of the game, all of the capitals, major cities, and top 100 keywords are long gone, in Russian, Chinese, and Japanese.

If you think you just registered one of them, think again, it is probably not what you thought it was.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good advice Named. I will remember that.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators