• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Coming soon into the U.S market...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameAlot.com

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
0
One of the things I like to keep an eye for is new technology, emerging technology, and emerging companies whether in the forms of typos (more so similars then typos) or add-ons i.e "xxx"forum.com There is a new coming cellphone company from Korea that is about to enter the U.S market with great force. This company HELIO has had great success in Korea and are now bringing there innovation into the U.S. They are not only well funded, but they also have some behemoth partners in various industries. Just thought I'd share this news for those that didn't know yet. Here's their homepage link below:

http://helio.com/page?p=homepage

p.s I tried to get HelioPhones.com but that's taken already :-D
 
Thanks for the tip mywire, didn't see anything on the page about when they are entering the US market though, do you know?
 
If I recalled correctly, they're suppose to come out summer of '06 which is soon, I will try to find exactly where I saw that

Correction, they were suppose to launch May 2006.... I thought it was going to be end of May because yesterday, the links weren't clickable.... now the site is fully functional... has anyone seen any advertising for them either in print or online media?
 
Thanks for the tip, just registered 2 names. Hopefully they will become a hit - they seem like really cool and fun phones.

What makes them any different from the current "media" phones already in the US market?
 
Thanks for the tip, just registered 2 names. Hopefully they will become a hit - they seem like really cool and fun phones.

What makes them any different from the current "media" phones already in the US market?

No prob, well before they publicly launched, I remember seeing that they had on their site that the us market is 1-2 years behind the Korean market in terms of capabilities of cellphones in terms of speed, 3g abilities, video relay, and interconectivity with different media types... and that over there it's used way more and more imbedded in daily life because of capabilities in technology and design etc... they had some of the Korean phones on their and a comparative list of us models and I have to say, they were impressive...

I think they can be a hit if they market right... I nver thought that when LG entered the US market that they would last... but they have been quite succesful
 
It seems they are being sponsored by IGN, Myspace, Yahoo, etc. It should be interesting to see how they tackle the teen market.
 
Seems they have an office already in CA

Check out our new home – Helio House in Westwood, CA:
We recently took a little break (just about an hour) from creating our stellar service to celebrate Helio’s sign lighting at our headquarters in sunny California—right between Hollywood + Santa Monica. Next time your in the neighborhood, be sure to honk and say ‘Hi!’”

http://helio.com/page?p=events


Got me a few names to park :D
 
mywire.com said:
p.s I tried to get HelioPhones.com but that's taken already :-D

Marchex and Helio both missed out on the numeric domain equivalent: 43546.com :cell:
 
mywire.com said:
p.s I tried to get HelioPhones.com but that's taken already :-D
Cant forget about the typos ;)
fone - fones
 
Cant forget about the typos ;)
fone - fones

I only purchased one name and it was the typo I tested, I won't post the name here, but you can guess what it was.... probably the best one imo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom