Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Committee invitations going out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The other thread got to long so it was time to start a new one.....

Invitations will go out tomorrow to potential committee members... for the below mentioned task force.

If you would like to be involved please indicate so below:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
A new committee to analyse the future business development of the site will be formed to resolve these issues.

Will consist of 10-12 people that have ideas on the direction of the site.

The committee will dicsuss the business developments of this site and future direction and report back to the members.

-=DCG=-

Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
I'm willing but sure unfit!
Oops! According to YOUR own definition, one has to be BOTH unwilling AND unfit to be eligible. Sorry. Next! :D

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Committees have become so important nowadays that subcommittees have to be appointed to do the work.
Laurence J. Peter

To get something done a committee should consist of no more than three people, two of whom are absent.
Robert Copeland

A committee is a cul-de-sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly strangled.
Barnett Cocks

If Columbus had an advisory committee he would probably still be at the dock.
Arthur Goldberg

Committees ... the ability of a group of people to work together and compromise to reach their own level of mediocracy ... and succeeding.
Me

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
be a part of the solution and stop complaining. the only way things are going to change around here is if we change them. i am all for this commitee and the sooner it gets started the sooner we can go back to discussing domain names.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
JH3 you are a rebel!! :D
Point taken, though.
See you.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Darn! I was out on the road for 5 days! Man, I'm so sorry I missed participating in the big auction discussion! A lot of very good ideas were expressed, along with a few not as great ones!

Adam and NHLRat, WebCat would very much like to help! I do ideas for a living!

When is our first "meeting"? :)

Peace,
WebCat

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree completely with CoolHost - was thinking the same - getting a free ride from paid members - that is not the fine art of a business...

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by micro
I agree completely with CoolHost - was thinking the same - getting a free ride from paid members - that is not the fine art of a business...

Phewww ... I was feeling a bit lonely over here lately. :D
Pitch count is 2-1, bases loaded, bottom of the 9th, down by 3 ... IT'S TIME TO PLAY BALL ... paid, adoring fans wait anxiously, nervously!
IMHO.
Thanks, see you.

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree too, but by agreeing will I win this? :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek:

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i can be PRESIDENT of the greek comitee ...lol
lets make country commities and be all presidents!
i ll go reg dnforum.gr
since democracy starts working here lets vote for the commitee..
and don t choose all the YESMEN members for it..we need some that point a different opinion..otherwise there is no reason to have commitee

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tassos
... and don t choose all the YESMEN members for it..we need some that point a different opinion..otherwise there is no reason to have commitee

Yes, sir ... I agree! I'm with you all the way, good point. Count me in 110%. You are most correct. Yes. Yes. Yes.
:D

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good Luck committee members!
Hopefully there's enough "constructive criticism" here in this thread to assemble some creative ideas to resurrect the once beloved "Live auction" system here at DNF.
Though I think that since we're a PAID membership, management ought to have solved this issue (or at least put forth a respectable level of effort), I respect each of you, your time and efforts ... and thank you for volunteering your resources!
Truly.
Best of Luck.
:cool:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Good Luck committee members!
Hopefully there's enough "constructive criticism" here in this thread to assemble some creative ideas to resurrect the once beloved "Live auction" system here at DNF.
Though I think that since we're a PAID membership, management ought to have solved this issue (or at least put forth a respectable level of effort), I respect each of you, your time and efforts ... and thank you for volunteering your resources!
Truly.
Best of Luck.
:cool:

I didn't volunteer... and due to a lack of time to participate, I will have to quote General William Sherman, "If nominated I will not run and if elected I will not serve." :)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

I didn't volunteer... and due to a lack of time to participate, I will have to quote General William Sherman, "If nominated I will not run and if elected I will not serve." :)

Minimal participation from a productive source is much better than no participation from that source - please re-consider.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ouch! I'm not quite sure how you got selected if you didn't volunteer, Duke ... but I will say this, not having you on such a committee will make their task much more difficult!
I hope that comes across as I'd hope you know I mean it. :D
I respect your time commitments and decision.
Take care.

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

Looks to me like.... with 3038 Posts that you are already serving this community well. :eek: :D :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom