Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

concerned about this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone stopped to think what impression the glamour pic sigs, semi-offensive sigs and off topic banter/abuse are giving to potential users/buyers in this forum?

Do you want this place to be a buddy forum or a domain forum?

Personally, I don't want to be seeing inappropriate content when I'm here - I can get that from a million and one other sites.

What are your thoughts on it?

Upvote 0

I agree, sexual taglines and spammy pictures don't do much for the site, and would likely put people off.

Domain summit 2024

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Safesys, I agree 100%.

I genuinely spend big money on domains, every week, and I just get insulted time and again. While the section moderators have done a fine job, Dan, the master moderator, has failed to police this forum properly and define it in a way that is welcoming to both buyers and sellers.

Instead, it's become a wank fest, complete with mile high pics of Jennifer Lopez (sorry TC, we love ya' but it's tiresome) and a circle jerk reminiscent of a few others notorious places.

I want everyone who has a domain to sell to know that I no longer visit this forum looking for domains to buy. It's too much work. You have won. Continue to try and sell your lousy domains to people with no money.

Dan, I'm sorry to say, but you have blown a chance to make this THE place to replace Afternic and others. This has to be your full-time job, or a serious hobby, otherwise forget it.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DnPowerful Safesys, I agree 100%. I genuinely spend big money on domains, every week, and I just get insulted time and again. While the section moderators have done a fine job, Dan, the master moderator, has failed to police this forum properly and define it in a way that is welcoming to both buyers and sellers. Instead, it's become a wank fest, complete with mile high pics of Jennifer Lopez (sorry TC, we love ya' but it's tiresome) and a circle jerk reminiscent of a few others notorious places. I want everyone who has a domain to sell to know that I no longer visit this forum looking for domains to buy. It's too much work. You have won. Continue to try and sell your lousy domains to people with no money.
Dan, I'm sorry to say, but you have blown a chance to make this THE place to replace Afternic and others. This has to be your full-time job, or a serious hobby, otherwise forget it.

Agree 100%, these ridiculous graphical sigs everyone seems to be using cheapen the forum and make it look like a good buddy comic book type of forum and are very childish, unprofessional and unbusinesslike. Serious buyers and domain professionals would likely not do business here due to it. I too am amazed they are allowed. :mad:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MattyP I reduced the size of my flag as a show of respect. Matt

Why have a Flag in the first place. What is the purpose, we all can see you are Australian so why cheapen these forums with it?

M

MattyP

It's like this RealNames.

I have never thought my national flag ever cheapened anything.

While I understand and respect those members who are against the picture sigs I have tried to keep mine un-obtrusive without violence or sex.

Call my sig a treat to myself for spending hours on the site attempting to make members feel free to post without fear of abuse etc.

I am not a heavy poster so it will take me a long, long time to be able to afford an avatar the calibre of Snoopys' and DnPowerfuls'.

Sorry that you feel that annoyed with my sig that you needed to post directly to me.

I have changed the sig from my national flag to a kangaroo in an attempt to cheer you up.

Matt

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was not annoyed with you in particular Matt but in general what with all these stupid large picture sigs. Furthermore, you do an excellent job as a Moderator and we thank you for it.

There was no disrespect to your AU Flag so please do not be sensitive about it. People come here to gain knowledge and not look at all these stupid images all day. What if all 400 of us put our nations flag or some other giant size stupid image as a Sig on all posts, would that not look strange and unprofessional, especially the giant size ones like the American Car and JLopez? :mad:

By the way, it seems a much better use of a sig line area for you would be to put up a link to your Assasin.com page and its singles dating club redirect to get some traffic and affiliate income. It seems much more valuable than your nations flag, and graphics from others too who could market their product on a Text Sig Line instead.

I would be willing to bet zillions of dollars you would have made far more money with my propsed affilaite program than your shopping link redirect you earlier used, and now your new singles dating club program. In fact, you likely have made nothing with them, like everyone else does not.

This is why I bring up the matter of your Australia Flag Sig being somehow more valuable to you than a link to your website and its redirection and possible income you could make.

By the way, a signature line text link on forums and newsgroups is much more acceptable and common than all these graphics members of this forum use.

Edited out personal business stuff 6-12-02

RN, is posting private business discussion worse or better than a flag in your opinion?

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Originally posted by DnPowerful

Blah. I never was even thinking about "competing" with afternic (I know you said the chance, but still), I started this forum a few good weeks before afternic closed thier forums (do some investigative work if you don't beleive me ;) ), and I do realize this whole sig thing is getting to be a serious problem with the forum, nobody will have to worry about this soon. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was not really so private, just an affiliate program which is open to anyone. It somehow came up in my post though not the original intention.

However, you may be right Safesys, perhaps I should not have mentioned it. The main point is some peoples priorities are wrong as they care more about annoying giant images than making money!

Its just that I got carried away somewhat as I am really annoyed by all of this BS as are others here, including the ones who started this thread and posted about it before I did.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Had a bad day, [snip] ? Please, don't humor me.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames
I am really annoyed by all of this BS as are others here

Really, [snip]

Anyone who thinks that serious buyers are finding their domains in these rooms is daft.
Why don't you all come back to the NW rooms.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm a buyer of domains and [snip]

Mole,

Your self-portrait is not very flattering. I have one word for you: Propecia.
I wouldn't mind if everyone posted a self portrait.
You can see a picture of GeorgeK at his website, I think. And you can see a picture of safesys Click Here

I've been trying to keep that picture secret. Now people know why I don't have my pic on my own sites.

Anyone have a spare banana? :)

Stouch

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Safesys......Daddy!!!!!!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole Really, I took 5 mins to scan all your posts are most are worthless crap too. You have a bad rep at Afternic. Realnames, cool it.

Do you have me confused with someone else? I never attacked any of your Posts, did I? I may be wrong but I don't even recall ever posting to you before, which is surprising in view of all your numerous posts, second to Wanda May I believe, in avg number per day. Was not talking about Posts at all but about all the BS Graphics being used as Sig Lines. How did you oddly misunderstand that?

Mole, I never attacked you did I, so why attack me saying I had a bad rep? All I said was the large images were annoying to many of us here and unprofessional. You are only being defensive and due to your participation with your own giant images here.

The only AN people who say I had a bad rep are ones who did not want to hear the truth and also the idiots who posted all the nonsense, crap, obscene langauge, insulting and junk posts at Afternic. The few legitimate posters there (like myself) were outnumbered by the jerks 10 to 1.

You certainly could not have looked at my 155 Posts very closely if it took you only 5 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators