Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Congratulations Adam - DNF .ca goes home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There has been an announcement that DNF will take up a new name and URL for their site.

I was pilloried on dnf .ca for advising that the sensible approach would be to change the URL of the site, and a few 'armchair lawyers' even advised some dubious tactics, such as a motion which a judge would - and as it turns out did - reject, oppression and even worse. It seemed to be senseless to have the liability, legal fees, and stress for an issue that could have been solved with a $10 domain name.

The brain trust of special advisers at DNF has now been shown to be thoroughly useless, along with being exceptionally brutal to those who did not drink the Kool-Aid there.

If those individuals are the better people that they seem to believe themselves to be, they can now apologize, firstly to Adam for some incredibly mindless statements, and to me for my simply being the voice of reason, but based on experience, they are most likely unable to admit their errors, much less acknowledge reality.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are correct, and while the 'incident' will soon be behind us, a long-term casualty will remain: the blowing of whatever credibility dnf could have had.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The brain trust of special advisers at DNF has now been shown to be thoroughly useless, along with being exceptionally brutal to those who did not drink the Kool-Aid there.

If those individuals are the better people that they seem to believe themselves to be, they can now apologize, firstly to Adam for some incredibly mindless statements, and to me for my simply being the voice of reason, but based on experience, they are most likely unable to admit their errors, much less acknowledge reality.
I am missing something here, perhaps because I can not do the dot c a thingy.

Can you post a link to reference what you are referring to?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Samer made a post on his forum that he's changing Domain next week.

I'm going to be making an announcement to all members in the next week about the move of the website.

Unfortunately I am going to be switching the URL of our forum. I didn't want this to happen, but now feel that it is best.

Although, I have had a lot of support... countless emails, phone calls, etc. All who have been very generous I don't want to continue this fight anymore as it is affecting others in the process.

I have a couple of ideas for our new home, feel free to post your suggestions/ideas here.

Sorry guys...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNF ca (theinvestor - Samer) was sued because he started a domainer forum on it.
Ahhhh....kind of like the "fake" apple stores that popped up in China. Looks like, feels like, even sells legitimate Apple products but is a knock off of the real thing.

Reading your quote from the site, I see someone who is acting so dejected and beat down...but admitting no fault.

That in itself is funny as hell.

Even the Chinese (home of the knock-off and pirate kings) had the balls to shut down the fake stores.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to guess what the new name will be? I had suggested that he use 'Canadian Domain Forum', which could be cdforum.ca as an example.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was pilloried on dnf .ca for advising that the sensible approach would be to change the URL of the site, and a few 'armchair lawyers' even advised some dubious tactics, such as a motion which a judge would - and as it turns out did - reject, oppression and even worse.
How about posting a link to these threads you are mentioning. I think it would be good for a few snorts and giggles.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about posting a link to these threads you are mentioning. I think it would be good for a few snorts and giggles.

I would like to be able to, but after proclaiming the site to be free of censorship, the operator/administrator banned me and blocked my IP range for good measure!

Let us just say that bereft of ideas to counter, they resorted to personal attacks, and then got the short end of that stick as well.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to be able to, but after proclaiming the site to be free of censorship, the operator/administrator banned me and blocked my IP range for good measure!

Let us just say that bereft of ideas to counter, they resorted to personal attacks, and then got the short end of that stick as well.
no problem.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a good communication and working relationships with The Investor on this forum. Having said that I had a problem with his forum. My personal opinion is that the forum is new and not interested to filter what people post. I've contacted the owner, and asked to remove the personal attacks against me, but didn't receive any reply. I decided to ignore, and I am not going to register. I would like to know who is registered under name "Derrick" on that forum though.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

VPN's and mobile phones go a long way in this respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators