• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

discussion Curious how you handle crypto payments for domains

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

nicenicnicenic is verified member.

ICANN Registrar | Reseller API | Accept Crypto
ICANN Accredited Registrar
Hosting Provider
Joined
Nov 9, 2024
Messages
916
Reaction score
349
Quick one for anyone who pays for domains or renewals with crypto. Same stablecoin, different networks, and fees and confirmation times vary quite a bit.

Do you check the coin first, the network, or just whatever your wallet or exchange allows?
 
Network first, always. The coin matters less than where it runs, because the fee and the confirmation time come from the chain, not from the token itself. I keep a stablecoin set aside for renewals and purchases, and I never let the exchange choose the network for me, since the default route is usually the most expensive one. Before sending anything I check three things in that order: the network the receiving side actually accepts, the current fee, and how long finality takes there. For routine renewals I keep a small float ready so I am not converting at the last minute with a domain about to expire. For an actual sale I would not take a direct transfer at all. I would use an escrow service that settles in stablecoins, because it removes the argument about which network was agreed and who eats the fee. The coin is the easy part. The chain is where people lose money, usually by sending on the wrong one.
 
Back
Top Bottom