• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Curious... Maltuzi Holdings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainFatigue

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
636
Reaction score
0
This morning I was talking to an old friend on the phone. He told me in between jobs he fell behind on his child support and has been playing catch-up ever since. Since he wants his kids to be taken care of and the ex happy, he mentioned he was thinking about taking out a loan to pay off the child support he owes. So my domain light bulb went off. Not many Google or Yahoo searches, but what the hell. I proceeded to register child()support()loan(.)com and the plural version. Both seemed available. I got the singular one but the plural was taken in the interim by Maltuzi Holdings. I did a search on them and somewhere it came up they average between 900,000-1,100,000 a day (give or take tasting fluctuations). Holy crap! Can they possibly be that huge or was the report or my reading of it wrong?
 
I can say that I use to pay child support as well, and at one point in time, I was also behind. I must say that I never once thought about a "child support loan" nor did I type it into google. The overture is only 43, so I couldnt see that many people typing it in.
 
RF,

I appreciate your opinion. You are likely correct. Most of those facing license revocation, incarceration etc., for owing large amounts in arrears probably wouldn't take out a loan to keep their a**es out of jail...

Anyway, my point wasn't the merit of the domain - that was a "what the hell" decision that will be proven by time whether it was worth the cost of a lunch sandwich or not, but rather the apparent size of the other party's portfolio.
 
If the names Chesterton Holdings AKA LaPorte Holdings mean anything to you, you'll immediately get the Maltuzi game plan. It's very heavy duty.
 
And if you add term "DomainSponsor" into the equation, suddenly you feel like Sherlock already.
 
My buddy just registered a domain on the 15th and on the 20th "Maltuzi LLC" registered the plural version. Obviously they are searching through new registrations and buying up domains. His name is very unique and has his nickname in it. LOL I can almost bet they ate the reg fee on that one. Idiots.
 
That's a shame. I read this and went to check on the plural of some of mine - and they took one today. I guess there's nothing wrong with that but what are the chances????!
 
His name is very unique and has his nickname in it. LOL I can almost bet they ate the reg fee on that one. Idiots.

You're a long ways from understanding how it works.
 
My buddy just registered a domain on the 15th and on the 20th "Maltuzi LLC" registered the plural version. Obviously they are searching through new registrations and buying up domains. His name is very unique and has his nickname in it. LOL I can almost bet they ate the reg fee on that one. Idiots.

Uh huh. Multi-million dollar idiots.
 
Well first, they aren't idiots, and second, no one will ever spend a dime on that domain. They will sample it free for 5 days and then drop it without a fee. Probably 3 or 4 more companies will come behind them and sample it again before everyones system realizes that it's not a traffic domain. Only if it had traffic and made revenue would they keep it. That's how domain tasting works.
 
Well first, they aren't idiots, and second, no one will ever spend a dime on that domain. They will sample it free for 5 days and then drop it without a fee. Probably 3 or 4 more companies will come behind them and sample it again before everyones system realizes that it's not a traffic domain. Only if it had traffic and made revenue would they keep it. That's how domain tasting works.

Duckinla is correct. Also- a company has the ability to taste for free (5 days) then delete it. Taste for free and delete. No $6 to Verisign, no $0.25 to ICANN. In theory for those who have the cash flow could register 10,000,000 domain names and keep them all for free. Just think if they could average $.10 per year in revenue per domain. No need to make back the registration fee because they do not pay it. The only thing I would be concerned with is beating the interest rates and inflation.
 
Duckinla is correct. Also- a company has the ability to taste for free (5 days) then delete it. Taste for free and delete. No $6 to Verisign, no $0.25 to ICANN. In theory for those who have the cash flow could register 10,000,000 domain names and keep them all for free. Just think if they could average $.10 per year in revenue per domain. No need to make back the registration fee because they do not pay it. The only thing I would be concerned with is beating the interest rates and inflation.

As I understand it, you must actually pay for the domain and then after 5 days, the cost is refunded, so it's not technically "free" but it's nets out to $0.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom