• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Damn it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
1
I just found out that a great name I owned expired!! I didn't even get a freaking email letting me know it was expiring/expired :veryangry:

Makes me sick. Its the second one that I lost that was making $500/year :rolleyes: I know that isn't much (thats why I didn't notice them gone, untill it was to late), but well worth the $7/year domain renewal!


CRAP!!
 
expired? pay $7 to renew it.
redemption period? pay $160 to renew it.
dropped? place backorders at pool, snapname, and bid $400.
 
whats the name? Pm me
 
Shaggy - $500 per year on a name is a lot to some of us small timers....:)
 
Shaggy - $500 per year on a name is a lot to some of us small timers....:)
Maybe not mega bucks over a year, but imagine if you dropped a name like that everyday... ouch
 
I'd shed a tear or two, or three, or four if that happened to me.
 
Comment deleted. Just a newbie. Thanks.
 
who was the registrar? mind sharing?
 
Dotster. I will let you all know the domain name, if/when I can get this fixed.

It expired the end of May and looks as though it never went into redemption period. They may have grabbed it for the auctions, if Dotster does that sortive thing.
 
This is the reason I'm not spread out over a bunch of parking companies and registers. Just to hard to keep track of over the long run. You can end up losing more than you gain.
 
This is one of the reasons why you constantly need to consolidate your domains to 1 or 2 registrars....I usually transfer out 90 days after the pickup.

I would call Dotster and try to get it back, they have there own redemption period before going to Snapnames.
 
You should set automatic renewal on, for domains like this, and/or pay for more than ayear in advance, and don't wait till the last minute.
 
...just to make you feel better..
i lost a few that i forgot to renew
ecologists.com
6g.org
knockers.org
pen-pal.net
MagicCoin.com

spacetravels.net etc...
 
ouch,

I'm sorry for your loss and hope you get the name back.

I would encourage everyone who reads this post to do as some have alreeady posted:

1) consolidate your names
2) make sure your auto notify/email is on in the registars control panel
3) If you have names that are producing income ($500 a year per name is a nice btw) it should be set to auto-renew.
4)consolidate your names....yeah this needed to be said twice :)
 
Shaggy, do you know if it went thru SnapNames? If not Dotster may still have it in their system.

If its still at issue, please PM me... I maybe able to give you a helpful contact.
 
Its in redemption period, luckly. I emailed then 2 days ago (the redemption section of dotster) and still no reply. If you got the connections, please let me know.
 
You should set automatic renewal on, for domains like this, and/or pay for more than ayear in advance, and don't wait till the last minute.
And on top of that, always maintain a list of domain names with registrar and expiry date... even Excel will do for that purpose.
And check your stats: if you notice a dive in traffic maybe there is something wrong.
 
I have so many names, its tuff to even keep a excel sheet and see if a name losses traffic, especially a small money maker like this one.
 
Why not use a tool that monitors your domains (I think whois.sc aka domaintools.com) provides one, that alerts you when your domains are expiring - don't count on the registrar to remind you. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom