Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Dan selling DNFORUM? for 5k Plus???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyones praise of the moderators. These forums have been exceptional in their moderation, and quality of posts.

Without the mods, frankly, it could have all descended into a slagging zone, which would have caused half of the user base to flee.

Aren't the long suffering unpaid mods owed some sort of compensation??

I did have an agreement with Dan to buy dnforum - and specified that the sale should remain confidential until it had gone through. Mattyp was going to take 50% off me. However it now seems dan has decided to reneg on that deal after someone else apparently offered more. Not surprisingly I won't be modding here anymore.

btw: Thanks everyone for the kind words above.

Thats a slap in the face from Dan for the hard work put in for free to manage this site.

Sorry Dan, but if you're going to act like a child - you can run this forum yourself. Please demod me.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy
I did have an agreement with Dan to buy dnforum - and specified that the sale should remain confidential until it had gone through. Mattyp was going to take 50% off me. However it now seems dan has decided to reneg on that deal after someone else apparently offered more. Not surprisingly I won't be modding here anymore.

btw: Thanks everyone for the kind words above.

:sigh: That is sad. Thanks to you snoop, safe, and Mattp. Your moderation has been invaluable. Remember the good times. We all make mistakes. Be gracious. In the words of Bill and Ted -- "Be Excellent to One Another." :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm upset. Now NameBox is going to get a bunch of Dan Bucks because of this thread. :laugh:

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with Miles and the others in their praise of the fantastic work of MattyP, safesys and snoopy. Their mod work has kept DNF on its steady course, and without them it will probaby sink to the level of Afternic's forums.

A breach of agreement and trust has taken place, and I understand their actions to withdraw their free services. Sad.

The next 36 hours is going to to be tough.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's sadder is that the buyer is probably DK, in which case this thriving democracy will turn into a Taliban tourniquet faster than you can say "Stutz Putz".

Everyone get out your "amens" and your homilie books, there's a "regime change" on the way..:laugh:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitely a bummer. Looks like the end of the line for this community no matter how you slice it. Our fine former moderators are likely to start up their own forum and take about half of the current membership with them. Whoever the new buyer is will soon find he is not getting as much as he thought when he agreed on a price.

With the current membership scattered between this forum, new and existing boards - the vibrant community we have had will no longer exist. Guess we'll just have to get out the shovels and get ready to rebuild!

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sad... I just got to feel at home here and now... turmoil.

Maybe Dan will reconsider.

M

mole

No probs for me, moles can rebuild anywhere.:D

What's the scoop Dan?

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please bear with me if I put on my business prof. hat for a moment. From a business perspective... it is vital to understand where the value of an enterprise comes from and ensure that it will remain when you buy something.

I have seen health sector companies buy other health companies at a premium to stock price, only to have top folks leave and only a shell remain. Loss on investment.

I have seen domain registration companies buy domain auction companies, only to have customer and traffic patterns shrivel up and only a shell remain. Loss on investment.

Just my two cents...

D

domainscot

Personally matty safe and snoop do a grand job here for free
i respect thier business sence and wish them all the best
the information i have learned from them has been very valueable
to me

thanks guys (your all mince)

M

mole

It is sad when all things come to an end.

1. DNF became a forum for the free expression of this world and this upset KKK affiliates with selfish vested interests.

2. DNF became too popular, and jealousy spread.

3. DNF actually made sense, and cartels didn't like it.

Greater people were crucified because of this.

To those who read this, you know who you are.

To those who don't, get a life.

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sheesh.

Anyway, kudos to Safe, Matty, Snoop an the coolest members around like Mole, Gregr, Goh, DNpowerful, and others. Good community here.

Again, all else going on... "Sheesh".

~ W|Z

I enjoy the mods' posts and great info and discussion. I would like Dan to respond to all these posts so that we hear straight from the mouth what's taken place.

Wonderful group here, I'd like to see everyone stick around and not let this place get out of whack.

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I offer 6k then...

------------------------
Without the moderators I offer $6.00

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by abrams1117
I offer 6k then...

------------------------
Without the moderators I offer $6.00

Yes. I've been thinking about that. With moderation and traffic, purchasing DNForum has value to:

1) someone who wants traffic to make money on advertising, etc.

2) someone who has a non-monetary interest in the open expression of ideas and relationships in such a forum

Without moderation and traffic, purchasing DNForum has value to:

3) someone who has a non-monetary interest contrary to that in #2.

This suggests that either the sale will be cancelled or DNPowerful is right.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you Snoopy, MattyP and and Safesys. You guys did a great job! Anyone can make a message board ... it takes the dedication and hardwork of individuals like you that make it work.

... you guys are a class act!

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators