Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Darling, why don't you register this ebay typo "ebay.cmo" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Today my wife came with a great idea, she realized she so many times type ebay.cmo, and according to her "it is unused!!" so, she came out with the greate idea of register that typo !! :roll:

Well, she's learning the business ... :hug:

Domain Summit 2024

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I believe i the future such typos could be possible. The main reason, why all domains are anything.extension is because anything.anything would allegedly cause huge load to nameservers. But in the future someone could think of solution for registering anything.anything - and that would be a PARADISE for us, typosquatters - black sheeps of the domain industry ;)

khuldun

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that wold be great .vom as well :D

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fischermx, good that your wife is helping as much as she can. My girlfriend doesnt even know what a typo is and how it works. I dont think she will ever learn it :-(

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
simon said:
fischermx, good that your wife is helping as much as she can. My girlfriend doesnt even know what a typo is and how it works. I dont think she will ever learn it :-(

I just dont tell girls What I do.. they wouldn't understand.. I just leave whatever they may think I do up to their imagination

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
I just dont tell girls What I do.. they wouldn't understand.. I just leave whatever they may think I do up to their imagination

lol, my boyfriends never understand ether :)

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a friend say to me the other day that he noticed when he made a typo that there was a webpage there, and he thinks there might be money in misspelled domains..lol..DING DING!! Tell him what he's won Bob!

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SouthernTn
lol.... my girlfirend refuses to call it work.... when asked what I do by friends.. her response is "Oh, he plays on the computer".

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember when I bought my first $x,xxx domain 2 years ago, my gf told me I am crazy. I got the money back after 6 month and she shut-up. When I bought my first $xx,xxx domain 1 year ago, she again told me I am crazy. I got the money back in 5 month and she again shut-up. Now I am waiting for my first 6-digit deal to happen - but I think she will not tell anything out loud anymore...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trentino said:
lol.... my girlfirend refuses to call it work.... when asked what I do by friends.. her response is "Oh, he plays on the computer".

I thought I was the only one this happened to. Although it is my wife and not my girlfriend.

marly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I thought I was the only one this happened to. Although it is my wife and not my girlfriend.

Welcome to the club. Typical spouse attitude. We are just playing with our fingers on the computer and its not a real job. If you work from home its not a real job and you are expected to do more around the house.:baring_teeth:

I am a work from home dad and not many people understand what I do. When you try to explain to them what you actually do, its like you talking some cazy thing to them and they still brand you a bum.:couch2:

Cheers

Marly

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you happen to be single...its a nice way to pick up the ladies...

"So what do you do"

"Well, I run a highly successful internet domain development business"

Sounds more impressive than it really is....lol

ukdn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
marly said:
If you work from home its not a real job and you are expected to do more around the house.:baring_teeth:

I am a work from home dad and not many people understand what I do. When you try to explain to them what you actually do, its like you talking some cazy thing to them and they still brand you a bum.:couch2:

Geez.. where have i heard that before lol
she always shuts up when i bring home more in 1 month that she does in a year lol :peace:

GT Web said:
". highly successful internet domain development business"

where can i join one of these then :bump2:

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE
where can i join one of these then :bump2:[/QUOTE]

My Gf doesnt even know that i spend thousands of dollars/euros on Domains. If i tell her then she wants that money to be spent on holidays and on dinners. All she knows is that i work part-time in internet and thinks that i am paid on hourly basis. LMAO :):frog: :tounge_smile: :loco:

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
simon said:
My Gf doesnt even know that i spends thousands of dollars/euros on Domains. If i tell her then she wants that money to be spent on holidays and on dinners. All she knows is that i work part-time in internet and thinks that i am paid on hourly basis. LMAO :):frog: :tounge_smile: :loco:

Das ist überhaupt nicht nett...:second:

thewird

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The internet is a good invention.

thewird

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
If you happen to be single...its a nice way to pick up the ladies...

"So what do you do"

"Well, I run a highly successful internet domain development business"

Sounds more impressive than it really is....lol
haha..that sounds too :cool:g..that would only impress female domainers.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess I can't complain. Other than thinking I'm having an on-line affair, my wife doesn't give me a hard time at all. She just likes to hear the daily totals!

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
marly said:
Welcome to the club. Typical spouse attitude. We are just playing with our fingers on the computer and its not a real job. If you work from home its not a real job and you are expected to do more around the house.:baring_teeth:

Cheers

Marly

:-D that sounds very familiar!

When I left my corporate job, my wife tried to convince to sell my (former company) car...as she thought I wouldn't be able to afford it.

denny007 said:
black sheeps of the domain industry ;)

Yes. It's interesting how only people who talk openly about what they are doing are labelled black sheep. Those who criticize others loudly, but register, buy and sell typos in secrecy aren't...

One guy here berated a thread and lamented about how typosquatters would ruin the industry. The forum profile of this same guy said his top 5 domains where typos (possibly he was a grey sheep. or just a plain sheep).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom