• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Determining were traffic is coming from!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpattberg

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
Hello DNF.

I have a domain which recieves 50+ hits a day. This is nice but I somehow can not figure out were the traffic is coming from.

Any ideas where I can find a tool or service to figure out where this traffic is coming from?

If I knew the origin of the traffic I could optimise to increase the parking revenue.

Thanks for the help.

Fabian
 
You need to get it on a server to get the referer stats to see where its coming from, if it was on my system i could send you the stats.
 
Also you could try framing a parking page and in the page add a extremetracker code, or if your server has tracking then use that
 
Thanks everyone so far for providing me with valuable advice.

The domain name is garageboard.com and receives 50 odd hits.

I know that it was a car forum before but not much more. Do anyone have a better idea then using car forum as keyword?

I have done so and so far this month received 4 clicks that is barely 6%. Not really good inmo.

It does not have that many links either so I assume they are type ins:

URL Trends:
PageRank: 1/10
Alexa Rank: 2,157,408

Incoming Google Links: 1
Incoming Yahoo Links: 397
Incoming MSN Links: 4
Incoming Alexa Links: 6
Overall Incoming Links: 408 (Overlap is possible - Estimated 397 unique links)

And unfortunately ND so far does not give me information about the keyword searches like for other domains have parked there.

To sum up: Any other suggestions for keywords and getting to know where the traffic is coming from?

All opinions and information appreciated.

Thanks,
Fabian
 
I would say those are link to images and not real visitors
 
Sorry for ignorance, but: What are links to pictures?


Thanks.
Fabian
 
with a quick search on google for "garage board" related keywords could be:

Video games - goose's garage board

Skate boards, Surf boards

some kind of Electronic appliance

quite a few Parking Garage Boards, as in a committee of directors

most logical term for 'garage board' seems to be a homemade skateboard or surf board (e.g: made in your own garage). If so this could be a nice domain to have for surfer/skater traffic, perfect for a niche website.
 
Thanks hugegrowth.

I have changed to surfboards because CTR is still shamefully low for so much traffic.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Thanks.

Fabian
 
fpattberg said:
Hello DNF.

I have a domain which recieves 50+ hits a day. This is nice but I somehow can not figure out were the traffic is coming from.

Any ideas where I can find a tool or service to figure out where this traffic is coming from?

If I knew the origin of the traffic I could optimise to increase the parking revenue.

Thanks for the help.

Fabian

using either fabulous or namedrive, you can see where the visitors are coming from.

with namedrive, you can see what they are searching for.

this will help you to optimize for maximum ctr.

once you know this, then you can move you domains anywhere you wish and imput those key terms.

sedopro also has some of these features, but not as clear as nd imo
 
biggedon
Thanks for the tip. I have this used feature before but for some reason I am not getting any search results for the different regions for garageboard.com? Should I contact ND or does anyone have the same problem?

Fearless
If it is parked at ND how do I do what you suggested?

Thanks.
Fabian
 
fpattberg said:
If it is parked at ND how do I do what you suggested?

Tell them to fix it or switch to another parking company.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom