• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Dictionary domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendragon

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
Are dictionary word domains all they're cracked up to be? Although rare to find unregistered in the .com form, there are still some out there. Indeed, I stumbled across one this evening.
May question is how valuable can a domain be is the single dictionary word is very specific.

for example (this one is registered), how desireable would something like arsenious.com be? Would it be worth the reg fee cos it certainly wouldnt get any traffic.

There are also many more .co.uk dictionary domains still unregistered.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
 
many are worthless

Things to think about
Have I ever used or know of this word?
Is this connected to an industry or something commercial or just a brandable word?
Prefixes Suffixes. pre re ed ly ing ness some can get out of hand.
Can I remember it?

Most are not good at all. Something like text.com book.com fun.com are good.
 
I hear there are only about 1000 good single word .coms. Big business will own them all one day imo. eg Condor.com, Trump.com, Sky.com, Easy.com.
 
Put it this way, if they get searched, they are valuable :)
 
That's a gross understatement. Give a couple more zeros to that figure.

The day that I start to count the good brandable words in the dictionary will be the day that I give up this job. It's tempting though and that's kind of worrying :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom