• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Dictionary Domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardbyte

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Hey, everyone seems to be hot on one word domain names, such as dictionary domains.

Are you using a site to keep checking the availability of such domains?

Just wondering how people are registering such names?

Thanks
 
Depends on the suffix and the word. Do you mean dot com or any suffix?
 
Lets get to the good stuff...

All good genric one word .com domains have been registered.

How you get one you ask. Lots of ways but all result in buying it for a premium based on the word etc.

Just start reading threads on generic domains, watch sale prices, use google and visit dnjournal. You'll learn. :) Hope that helped.
 
Im not looking for a generic one-worder; I was wondering how people looked for them - are you WANTing/LOOKing a specfic one worder or are you finding them somewhere and registering them in hope of a good sale.

I have a script that runs thru all suffix's of dictionary words (or whatever list of words you import). The results tell you if the word+suffix's is taken or not.

Just wondering if this would be helpful or if this is already available for free elsewhere?
 
Oh I see, there I cant say, I use my two index fingers :)
 
go to www.whi.ms

More than 14,000 one word english dictionary words available for registering.

Last update was a while back.

Good, bad, indifferent...this is from a list of 100,000 most common. Superb specialty (profession) related.
 
Thanks Doc Com - I guess these are the dictionary words that no one wants lol

What you mean DotComGod?
 
I want to find a list of all dictionary words registered in .com without sorting through the zone file and parsing the darn thing.

;)

-=DCG=-
 
How do you currently acheve your results?

Iv got a script that runs thru a database of words (which you would have to import) and checks the whois for 12 different domain extentions (.com / .co.uk / .net / .eu ... blah blah) and records if they are registered or not.

Im just working on a sort filter by letter/category/availability for viewing purposes. Dont know why really - just messin lol
 
I currently use a program, which allows you to check availability on a list of huge list of domains, using a text file. You could easily copy-paste and find the unregged ones using a list like this http://www.whi.ms/letter-a

Also there is a program which checks all gtlds for availability using a word list, and allows you to automatically add prefixes, suffixes, etc...

pm me for more info ;)
 
Thanks Doc Com - I guess these are the dictionary words that no one wants lol
Not so. These are the dictionary words that no one KNOWS about. Changes daily...drops, deletes. I know many who have regged several (including me...medical related) and some have turned into revenue generating sites. I have several parked and also getting hits and generating some revenue.

I want to find a list of all dictionary words registered in .com without sorting through the zone file and parsing the darn thing.

;)

-=DCG=-
PM forthcoming.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom