• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Did I sell too low or too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
I just sold meetmaker "dot" com for $150.
Is it too high, too low or just right?

I registered it about month ago.
 
Sounds grim, meet your maker LOL. You sold high.
 
I didn't spot that connocation, Acroplex. Very good observation, very good sale, somewhat morbid name.
 
I am familiar with MatchMaker but in my opinion the MeetMaker is not conveying the same message that easily.
 
you think?

I asked him how much he was thinking and he said 1 or 200.
So, I could of gotten 300 easily.

But, I took 150 and place link to my domain listing page on his web hosting site :D

btw, buyer was not thinking name as meet the maker.
He thought it as Meeting Maker. He will be using it for the site that arrange meetings :)
 
Solid sale.
Count your excellent return then reinvest.
 
reinvest?
lol
Just yesterday, I transferred 45 domains to Moniker for $300+ :(
 
Meeting vs Meet is a different story. But as I said, for $7 you got $150. Great sale.
 
Nice sale; you can never sell too high ;)
 
Now, if I can do that thousand times over and over :D
 
I was thinking it would be a domain for a 'meetings' type site to.

For a one month return it's pretty good, but you have to make a lot of sales like that to make any real money. I think it was a good enough domain to ask a few more hundred, or low xxxx.
 
Just about right for $150.
 
Too high? Too high? Is there such a thing?

If I'm the buyer...yes.

If I am the seller...no.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom