Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"Direct navigation" - so how about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One way to avoid the mess of quickly sinking (to the back pages) sales posts is simply to fragment the sale forum.

I'm again suggesting that sales forum be separated into extension subforums/groups:

1. "The one, the only" > Com's
2. "Grand dames" > Net's + Org's
3. "New kids on the block" > Info's + Biz's + Tv's + Ws's
4. "Think global, act local" > Co.uk's + Us's + De's + In's, + Cn's + Es's, + Fr's...
5. "Other" > Nu's + Bz's + La's + Pro's...

(^Or something similar to that^)

That way the people who don't want to shop any other extensions other than com, won't have to go through heaps of elephant dung every time. Similarly people interested in lesser mainstream path opportunities will know excatly where to find them.

Also that way the posts will last longer in each and every forum since better names won't be overwhelmed by shittier names, thus giving each sale thread a real chance to last longer on top and its seller more chance to make a sale. It would require a lot less need for bumps, and b.s. tactics, thus giving all of us (including your infrastracture) a break.

We preach the power of "direct navigation", so how about implementing it on our own ass?

Upvote 0

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I highly agree with this post and I think the suggestions of breaking down the sales area in this fashion would add even more value to the forum in terms of allowing easier navigation and a quicker connection potential between sellers and buyers -- as described by sasquatch.

Domain Summit 2024

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I give my vote to it too. I would also make an "OVT WITH extension" section. Good for buyers and for sellers. Sometimes is tiring to go through all the "garbage" for sale...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too many sub-forums, and lots of people post lists with multiple extensions.

I

impactadmin

sasquatch said:
One way to avoid the mess of quickly sinking (to the back pages) sales posts is simply to fragment the sale forum.

I'm again suggesting that sales forum be separated into extension subforums/groups:

1. "The one, the only" > Com's
2. "Grand dames" > Net's + Org's
3. "New kids on the block" > Info's + Biz's + Tv's + Ws's
4. "Think global, act local" > Co.uk's + Us's + De's + In's, + Cn's + Es's, + Fr's...
5. "Other" > Nu's + Bz's + La's + Pro's...

(^Or something similar to that^)

That way the people who don't want to shop any other extensions other than com, won't have to go through heaps of elephant dung every time. Similarly people interested in lesser mainstream path opportunities will know excatly where to find them.

Also that way the posts will last longer in each and every forum since better names won't be overwhelmed by shittier names, thus giving each sale thread a real chance to last longer on top and its seller more chance to make a sale. It would require a lot less need for bumps, and b.s. tactics, thus giving all of us (including your infrastracture) a break.

We preach the power of "direct navigation", so how about implementing it on our own ass?
Hmm,

I personally like this idea as it keeps the domains for sale organized.
It basically helps direct users who are specifically looking for certain domain name extentions to the right location without having to browse through everything.

It will also help on the bumping issue as threads last longer before they are pushed off the page.

I will discuss it with the mods and admins and present the idea to DCG and see what we come up with.

Good suggestion.

Huseyin,

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow what a great idea, I am suprised this has not been done or thought of before...it could help to eliminate the "PM Sent" debate too..hope it gets the go ahead.. :)

Chris

T

tekz999

I hate this idea. I like to see everything in 1 section.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From the buyers' perspective, a searchable marketplace (like that of Sedo or Afternic) is apparently the best. But for sellers who want to have more exposure (esp. by slipping in some .whatnot alongside with other .com), separate sub-forums (by TLD) could mean just the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom