• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Disk Boot Failure! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a SATA hd in right now that works so i cant plug it into the exact cable.

What would you do about the memorry problem?
 
If you have 2 sticks in there like 2 x 512, take one out and try loading and do the same with the other. Then I would try testing the sticks in different slots to weed out a problem with the slots.
 
nothing you can do with the memory but try a new stick and take out the one thats in there, if you have the same type of memory in another computer you can swap out to try it first. , don't go across a carpet when you are working in there, a static jump spark of the smallest will blow the motherboard., always touch metal and de-static yourself before touching computer parts.
 
You guys do nto understand.

I have disk boot failure.

I then shut off my computer.

I come down say 30 minutes later and it starts windows up and im on my computer i get on dnforum and then it restarts and says disk boot failure ( restarts by itself )

I then shut off and turn on a few hours later and im on it right now. It will prbably shut off soon.
 
yes we understand what its doing, something is causing a failure, there are 4 things that will cause this restart and boot failure problem, you have to narrow it down ,

bad stick of memory
hard drive heating up (shorted)
processor looping (gone bad)
power supply on its way out


the easiest place to start is memory.
 
but I dont know how to check for those things because osmetimes it turns on like its on now.

Say next time my computer does that what do I do? Take out a memorry stick and restart?
 
I would start right now, I doubt that both your sticks of memory went bad, so take out one stick and run it on the remaining stick for a long time to see if it does it again, if it does then put that one back in and pull the other one and run it, if it does it again now, then move on to the other possibles, but you have to start somewhere and memory is the easiest place to start.

make sure you unplug the computer before you touch anything in there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom