• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Dnf.com Does Not Resolve On Any Browser. Have To Go To Dnforum.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainoid

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
523
Reaction score
71
For many days dnf.com has led to error messages on all my browsers but dnforum.com is fine.


Anyone else notice this ? There may be a problem with the domain or its server set-up may need to be redone.
I am in the us and I am not doing anything different.
 
Upvote 0
It's been like this for days. :/
 
Look's like the nameservers were changed on the 3rd...
 
hope we can type dnf.com once again and still land on here. :)
thought it was the mobile browser i was on.
 
I can never remember if it's dnFORUM.com or DNforum.com or dnforum.com. I don't know why Adam owns dnforum.com and not dnFORUM.com or DNforum.com. Darn misspells. Sometimes I type in dnforum.comtm like the logo.
that dumb. It's just a joke so relax. :P
 
i had my faves-bookmarks all pointing to dnf.com but since that no longer works i've re-set them to dnforum.com.
i agree it's not that bad but the [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] forum for domainers in the world must always have the dnf.com domain working properly especially for newbies.


i wonder if adam dicker is aware of this and that it gives all browsers a bad impression:(
 
Adam is aware of the issue. I contacted him several days ago.

Hopefully it's resolved soon. Who knew we'd be inconvenienced by typing a 7 letter domain? :)
 
Adam is aware of the issue. I contacted him several days ago.

Hopefully it's resolved soon. Who knew we'd be inconvenienced by typing a 7 letter domain? :)

Yeah, the extra 4 letters are a pain in the ass to type out. I hope it's resolved soon. This should be priority [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]. :confused:
 
Yeah, the extra 4 letters are a pain in the ass to type out.

It's amazing how using the internet on a mobile device has changed the way I view the length of domain names. Shorter is most definitely better.
 
With autocomplete and browser history synced across devices, the name length isn't quite as much of an issue... more a branding and defensive registration issue.

:) (I use dnforum.com and it usually autocompletes in Chrome to the forums I most visit)
 
Pfff...I tap the side of my Google glass, say "OK Glass. Visit dnforum" and off it goes.
 
lol @ comments
With autocomplete and browser history synced across devices, the name length isn't quite as much of an issue... more a branding and defensive registration issue.

:) (I use dnforum.com and it usually autocompletes in Chrome to the forums I most visit)
and i know auto complete and browser history make domain names less important but i first thought it was a mobile browser issue, then i realized others were aware of it and it's with all browsers. i am surprised so many days later it's still not resolving. adam for one can't be liking this!
:)
 
Yay. It's working again!
 
great news! thank you adam for fixing this bug whatever it was lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom