Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

DNF Low-baller called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Letting aside that "apostrophe" means something entirely different in Greek than to describe the ownership mark; my point with the $2 per Pound is that, Mr. Clowes offered the equivalent of an upper row ticket to "Wicked" (which I thoroughly enjoyed, regardless). I wonder if he assumed WiFi stands for Wicked Finder :D

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Theo -- I don't do "Greek' therefore I'm not an expert in apostrophic nuances on an 'inter alia' language basis. All I can say is that it probably sucks (holds no ground) here in the UK. Your 'wicked' analogy is not well understood here I'm afraid. I am "wicked' but not in the sense your suggestion alludes to. Furthermore, I'm guessing it's a movie or a show that hasn't yet passed our 'gate'. I was in the 'stalls' at a Freddy Kempf virtuoso piano recital recently but no path to "Wicked" that I could glean. Or care for.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kind of reminds me the offer I got a while back from Namedrive.

It went something like this:

I'll give you $7. That's all you paid for it.

After reading all this BS, I am convinced it was someone on this forum. ;)

The best part when I turned the offer down, they came back with $9.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kind of reminds me the offer I got a while back from Namedrive.

It went something like this:

I'll give you $7. That's all you paid for it.

After reading all this BS, I am convinced it was someone on this forum. ;)

The best part when I turned the offer down, they came back with $9.

My lady, you've been carrying around that beastly crusty dragon for a fortnight. Don't expect any chaps to go arse over elbow for you, and Bob's your uncle.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Robert's you mother's brother here.

I'm going to leave this for tonight. Don't bully people with prose and rhetoric while I'm around. I'll have something to say.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
DRT license: $125
DNF silver membership: $40
Email template written by a school dropout: $5
Getting caught for lowballing and continuing to claim it wasn't wrong: Priceless.

Robert's you mother's brother here.

I'm going to leave this for tonight. Don't bully people with prose and rhetoric while I'm around. I'll have something to say.

Dale, put the 5-Star Metaxa in the trash once you're done :D

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DRT license: $125
DNF silver membership: $40
Email template written by a school dropout: $5
Getting caught for lowballing and continuing to claim it wasn't wrong: Priceless.

Dale, put the 5-Star Metaxa in the trash once you're done :D
Theo, you tried to usurp me before. Why don't you draw your tongue in and think about it. Don't let me go there. You have an idea that you're a strong personality here, but matey, you ain't seen nothing lately. Well, before you did; and do you remember what happened then?! Or do I need to get into that?

Classic Theo: :D

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Dale, are polo shirts in England really made by MENSA?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
All I see is that the only ones defending a lowballer all sport the Union Jack. So think about it...is it worth it to lose face defending a lost case?

robmac

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ignore the 'popcorn' lurkers. They are those that have nothing useful to add.

Perhaps try adding something useful and I will stop eating popcorn :p

The guys obviously sorry etc for the previous spamming and had the balls to come back in the thread several times and appol again - he could have just "blanked" it all and carried on regardless - the guy needs another "chance".

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All I see is that the only ones defending a lowballer all sport the Union Jack. So think about it...is it worth it to lose face defending a lost case?
Given the odds, I'd guess in your mind, not. But I'm *BRITISH*!!!! Betcha you wish you had a British flag to fly, you pseudo-adopted-Grecian. You wouldn't have a lost cause then if that was true, would you?. Is that true about Greek pre-marital stuff? Do they really do it that way? And the Greek war hero figure? Where does that come from (latest 60 years please).

Perhaps try adding something useful and I will stop eating popcorn :p

The guys obviously sorry etc for the previous spamming and had the balls to come back in the thread several times and appol again - he could have just "blanked" it all and carried on regardless - the guy needs another "chance".
That's what I intimated.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dale, I think you just went from playing chess, to playing madman checkers with your stool. :lol:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Dale, if you get banned again tonight, blame it on the booze (again). I won't be calling Adam to save your ***, like I did last time.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
( Agreed - it's best to lowball by 30% or so and not 300,00% )

That is the problem with domaining anymore, the buy cheap sell high is getting harder and harder. While more and more people keep trying to do it, and big biz domain is grabbing much more of the pie. I started getting spam on my dropped domains now, saying I can renew it at their url. Then as it was to about drop from my hostway account, they sent a email offering to sell it to me at $80.

A few things come to my mind, first is what big iccan domainer is letting these people under them. 2nd is iccan letting anyone buy accounts from them, 3rd with billions being made iccan, is letting domaining places take control over the market more then they are. Iccan is worst then asleep at the wheel, as it looks like iccan is all for these shady dealings.

And while one can say nothing wrong with these goings ons, it's even more true it's taking domaining aftermarketing into the ground. Try picking up a good name they are all gone, most of them are just sitting waiting to sell to some one. Not that it's bad to sell lots of domains, but it's leading to very shady going ons that is for sure. I have now looked up free to reg names, at one of the big guys to see about regging and by the time.

I try to reg them they was taking then, now I must sit and wonder if this name brand domain seller. Has been catching this info, and selling it or using it them selfs. My guess is they are using it them selfs, as I have gotten calls out of the blue while doing my normal domain stuff. But at these times I was searching for saving codes, and trying more a few to see if they work. One such call only ask if their was anything they could do for me, and knowing this super domain sell could not all all their domain owners.

Leads me to believe they are catching info from buyers, that with in it's self is ezdropping, witch no domain sellers should ever being doing. It may not be breaking a law, but it is breaking a big trust that should not be broken. This has been going on as I read in a article about it, it's a shame such things are happening and not by flyby night outfits. But by big names in domaining, iccan needs to turn it all over to them or get control back once again.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
the guy needs another "chance".

The guy used his last chance, when he spammed LLL .com owners again using DRT en masse, then his host shut him down for spamming.

Repeat offenders ask for it.

Betcha you wish you had a British flag to fly

I guess that's why you Brits wear it as underwear?

bigbobm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I think these lowballers are actually good for domainers. If someone will sell at such a low price, lowballer buys,(removing a weak hand),makes profit by selling to reseller, reseller makes profit by selling to other reseller, reseller 3 sells to reseller 4 and makes a profit. Reseller 4 sells to end user for 5 times what he paid and is looking to reinvest.

We are all in this chain.

Bigbobm

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thread closed due to racist comments, under investigation. Please do not start new threads regarding this, use report button instead if you are offended.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom