Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

DNF Low-baller called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In Tom's defence, I am not accusing him of spamming. Im not even accusing him of doing anything wrong, in legal terms. I was offended by his offer, he apologized, I explained why low-ball offers can hurt the domain industry.

Tom apparently you have some sort of history which is not helping your reputation among domnain investors. I strongly recommend pulling back on the reigns and reassessing your business practices. Regardless of whether you are wrong or right, most domainers value their reputations and expect other domainers to have a high level of integrity. The next couple of years will define our industry with the status quo. To date we are fighting an uphill battle.

Stuart.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tom, 200 odd targeted emails? I'd disregard the 'holier than thou' flak and carry on. Send me one for one of my domains. People are thin-skinned by nature. You're not spamming per se, you're giving people the 'ump by lowballing. Tough for them. These 'aggrieved' guys make me chuckle a little. It's all inconsequential at the level you're doing it. Haha. Give them a marketing lesson. They all have a 'filter'.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Denial - a defense mechanism in which a person is faced with a fact that is too painful to accept and rejects it instead.

Seraphim I am not sure how I have annoyed you, or why you consider me being in denial when I have nothing to be in denial over...
Ok Id like to state I am extremely sorry to those who I have annoyed, or offended.
I will take on your viewpoints and suggestions.

What is more is I do have a good reputation here, and I am a good business man.
I appreciate the comments about what it portrays for the domain industry perspective.

I will try to modify my plans/routes as such to portray the industry in a better light. My intention was never bad, and I appreciate Salient bringing it up, and him expressing his viewpoint.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Been a long time since I heard a load of cobblers as directed to Tom - maybe the last time was the huge humble pie I was going to slice and sell in the latest 'info' debate. Seach for yourselves - some goofy posts there.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Such lowball offers are just priceless :smilewinkgrin:

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
whats really interesting- why would "spamer" email with his real name??
so then he wasn't spammer- just a lowballer.

plus- speaking of spammers- i did get spam advertising pm's from mocus.com which advertises with banners here often- i wasn't bothered to report

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whats really interesting- why would "spamer" email with his real name??
so then he wasn't spammer- just a lowballer.

plus- speaking of spammers- i did get spam advertising pm's from mocus.com which advertises with banners here often- i wasn't bothered to report

Well, quite so, and shows you are a seasoned domainer that recognises a real and bona fide solicitation without classing it as UCE. What CANSPAM rule did Tom break? Maybe this should be part of the debate before more aspersion is cast.

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tom this is called ridiculous low balling IMO, and FYI I don't believe in your domain dairy either. I take you as a information harvesting bot on this forum.

Technically you are not doing anything wrong. But some of your acts sound as if you lack common sense.

Excuse me for saying what I said, I am really amazed at what you have done and what you are doing.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd take a $100 to read the offer.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't read such a silly thread since the 'info invasion' one recently. Who cares? 200 targeted emails? This is nonsense. People taking the 'higher ground' ought to think again and whilst at it, make a coherent case.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tom this is called ridiculous low balling IMO, and FYI I don't believe in your domain dairy either. I take you as a information harvesting bot on this forum.

Technically you are not doing anything wrong. But some of your acts sound as if you lack common sense.

Excuse me for saying what I said, I am really amazed at what you have done and what you are doing.

Not a problem. Everyone can have their opinions...
What I would say is the whois server, and domaindairy both only allow/collect certain details. No details such as email adresses can be harvested.
Domaindairy is a tool. It makes managing my own poertfolio a LOT easier, and the same with the other 15 or so members.

Regarding this situation, all my views are posted in previous posts. I feel that this doesnt show a lack of common sense considering I am making some nice deals from it...
Off to bed now. Ill check back in the morning.
Thanks
Tom

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
away from all this, Wifi.com is a seriously kickass domain.

Would you accept another lowball offer of $10,000? :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
For a second I thought I was at NamePros.com. I had to check my URL twice.
Such lowballing needs to stop. In fact, I have started reporting the usual suspects who openly lowball at selling threads, e.g. $200 for a LLL .net or $4k for a LLL .com
These guys don't belong here.

stuartsdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Salient, Tom has done nothing wrong, i dont know why you are making such a big deal out of it, seems like you have been offended or insulted.

How much do you want for the name anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators