Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Dnf:no More Home Page Logo With Website Name.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this does not bother me personally but have some here noticed the dnf or dnforum logo on top of home page telling visitors what website they're on has been gone for quite some time and has been replaced with escrow.com. looks that this happened after the upgade last year.

have no doubt escrow.com pays very well for their spot and revenue is put to good use on dnf but some things you just do not mess with imo:). --the home page logo saying what website you're on and welcoming folks is a must.
escrow.com's logo can be moved to top right and still be very visible. hope the dnf or dnforum logo is put back big and easy to read top left corner or center top, and that it's larger than escrow.com's ad. this is dnf and not escrow.com!

Upvote 0

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
one more thing: can capitalization be fixed to show as op writes it? have noticed it does not work for thread titles after upgrade. that can throw a thread off if title isn't right or looks confusing.

here i wrote as thread title:
"DNF:No more home page logo with website name."
look at how it reads now.

Domain summit 2024

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this does not bother me personally but have some here noticed the dnf or dnforum logo on top of home page telling visitors what website they're on has been gone for quite some time and has been replaced with escrow.com. looks that this happened after the upgade last year.

have no doubt escrow.com pays very well for their spot and revenue is put to good use on dnf but some things you just do not mess with imo:). --the home page logo saying what website you're on and welcoming folks is a must.
escrow.com's logo can be moved to top right and still be very visible. hope the dnf or dnforum logo is put back big and easy to read top left corner or center top, and that it's larger than escrow.com's ad. this is dnf and not escrow.com!

It's been screwed up for awhile, not sure why it hasn't been fixed yet. I reported it before myself and nothing has happened.

On the top left I have:

a big Escrow banner

a big Uniregistry banner

a broken image in what's supposed to be the DNForum logo

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
on the dnf homepage i see right now an escrow.com banner top left and this is where a larger logo with the dnf name should be (or large and on center top). you could have smaller banners below or on the right(but smaller) or on either side if dnf goes on center spot. -and i see a bigger banner flashing ads for uniregistry sitting on a big part of center right.

-imo the biggest and most noticeable banner should be dnf and there is none. visitors can't tell they are on dnf and in fact it does look like you've landed on escrow.com. that's too bad as not only regulars come to dnf. i do not see any broken images of the dnf logo, where do you see yours? and it doesn't look like a screw up, looks like it was designed to look that way. if so i wonder why the name of the website does not appear anywhere telling folks where they are.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kudos to adam for bringing back the much needed dnf logo and placing it right where it should be. where the name of the website goes lol.

for one year or so after upgrade of 2014 many people unfamiliar with this site thought they had landed on escrow.com.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators