Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

DNForum Additional Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a feature added with profile fields on DNForum. Specifically, what a domainer is seeking and if he or she is open about it as it can lead to PM spam of possible junk names.

My suggestion would be to create the following profile fields so that it can be seen in the “About Me” tab:

Type: [Single Selection Menu: LLL, LLLL, CCC, LNN, LNL, Brandable, Products, Generics, Dictionary Words]… Or single line text box to type in their #1 preferred criteria.

Secondly, I would make an option of “In the TLD’s/ccTLD’s” a Multi-Selection Checkbox with the more common TLDS (.com, .net, .org, etc.) and the more common ccTLD’s (.ca, .me, etc.) and more added later as the feature becomes more popular amongst DNF’ers.

Furthermore, a Multi-Line text box setting criteria for the domains, allowing users to input things such as, “looking for 1 LLL.com for $XXXX” or “Want a Traffic and Revenue portfolio.” (Go into detail with X amount of words).

And last but not least, I would like to see a “Domains Wanted” image in the postbit of the user on the forum with a hover ALT of the “Type” for a short preview.

This would essentially eliminate the Domains & Websites Wanted forum, or slow it down as all you would have to do is bump your only thread when it changes and be a regular poster to be seen more often.

Another idea, since Platinum and Exclusive (could be an Exclusive only option for more users to opt into upgrading) members are allowed to sell names, have a “Domain for Sale” image and for additional profile fields of “Domain Name” (Exact) and ONLY a link to where it is being sold on DNForum (no external links, unless the post on DNForum links externally). When hovering the image, you would be able to see the domain name. If the domain name is hovered over by a moderator and it’s in incorrect format like “T.hisname,com”, there could be an “X” next to it which would automatically make that users profile fields of Domain Name and the link to the post empty, thus removing the image from their postbit and also automatically sending them a generic message why it was removed (did not meet criteria, etc).

Edit: On second thought, just use the URL to the post of the domain(s) being sold and the ALT text the title of the post and the X closes/deletes the thread because it violates rules.

There could also be a “Reminder” field that would remind a user to update what he or she is seeking and selling every X days (selected by the user, sent VIA PM).

I believe this could streamline what each individual is looking for or trying to sell and promote with the quickest response time as we all have different tastes, but not too open about them to make a post about it. It shouldn’t take too much time integrating this into DNF tinkering with postbit_legacy and profile fields, though it would require some additional backend coding as well as AJAX if you want a smooth removal for moderators.

P.S. If you take this idea, it’s $1,000,000 DNF dollars. Wait, I was supposed to tell you the idea AFTER you paid me…

Like this post if you want this implemented in DNF so that it's noticed and can make your life a little easier (or think I should get $1,000,000 DNF dollars). :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
please, leave my profile fields alone

and i already received some "unsolicited" pm spam today....if you know what i mean

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
please, leave my profile fields alone

and i already received some "unsolicited" pm spam today....if you know what i mean

That could be a misconstrued statement for a variable of reasons, one of which Adam himself is promoting as well. ;)
But really, don’t you think it would be great that all members know you’re ONLY looking for LLL.COM’s so there’s no need to ask over and over, just change what you want.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That could be a misconstrued statement for a variable of reasons, one of which Adam himself is promoting as well. ;)

how could it be misconstrued

and what does Adam have to do with the statement

But really, don’t you think it would be great that all members know you’re ONLY looking for LLL.COM’s so there’s no need to ask over and over, just change what you want.

that's what Domains Wanted section is for.

i like that section, it's been these since the beginning of this forum

i have bought and sold domains thru it, it is very active section.....so don't be trying to eliminate it

if you want folks to know you're buying this or that, then put it in your signature, create a thread, write an article, start a blog, send out spam letters, buy a billboard, hire a telemarketer, go shout it from the highest mountain top, put blinking lights on your forehead, get it tattoed on your lips....but please, leave Domains Wanted section alone.

:)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never said remove it entirely, just another way of showing what you want and what you got as it follows you throughout the forum.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never said remove it entirely, just another way of showing what you want and what you got as it follows you throughout the forum.

you didn't say "remove it entirely" but....

This would essentially eliminate the Domains & Websites Wanted forum

so, what was the intent, as it could be "misconstrued".

:)

it's cool you got ideas.

but in the end, a lot of structural/formatting changes to the forum, won't change the quality of the domain names being offered for sale, though some changes could affect "quantity" of overall forum sales.

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators