Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Dnforum.ca getting ready to open up - Moderators needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Post in this thread if you are interested.

Adam

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds interesting :) please do not judge based on DNF football pool :pound:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interested.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to see DNF.ca is in proper hands and pointing in the right direction ;)

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is this going to be a new forum - or an addon to this one?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since Canadians seem to be significantly more active than their limited numbers should indicate it seems like this move will take away considerable activity from here. Not so sure it makes a lot of sense over that issue since this forum needs as much posting as possible in this bad domain market and poor economy but good luck with it. Just my 2 cents.

New forum.

-=DCG=-

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My honest opinion, .ca only forums flop, its been tried before. Every Canadian here is happy here and wont leave the action. Simply forward the name and save time and head aches.

jmo

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My honest opinion, .ca only forums flop, its been tried before. Every Canadian here is happy here and wont leave the action. Simply forward the name and save time and head aches. jmo

Right, but the Canadians are wasting lots of time and energy here looking hard for buyers since only those with a Canada connection can buy .CA names wich eliminates most of the market from them.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My honest opinion, .ca only forums flop, its been tried before. Every Canadian here is happy here and wont leave the action. Simply forward the name and save time and head aches.

jmo

I agree. I liked the old setup of dnforum.ca redirecting to the Canadian domains section.

I'll tell you right now, I'm not signing up for a second forum membership, even if it's free. I come to this forum for more things than just .ca domains, I also have interest in domains in other TLD's, as well as news all across the domaining industry. I think that segregating the two would only lead to confusion. I like things the way they are now.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... in this bad domain market and poor economy but good luck with it. Just my 2 cents.

I know it can feel like the domain market is down, but Sedo and Afternic alone sold over $2 Million worth of domains in the last week.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think that segregating the two would only lead to confusion.

Your exactly right.... I think if you add up the pros and cons of having another Forum dedicated to Canadians, the cons win.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know it can feel like the domain market is down, but Sedo and Afternic alone sold over $2 Million worth of domains in the last week.

Who said the market is down???

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right, but the Canadians are wasting lots of time and energy here looking hard for buyers since only those with a Canada connection can buy .CA names wich eliminates most of the market from them.

We have a .ca forum David, this isnt an issue at all. And god knows hurding 20 of us to dnforum.ca is a waste of time, the action is here, always will be. In fact if Adam truly believed we should use dnforum.ca only for .ca sales, delete the .ca forums here! That aint gonna happen.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have a .ca forum David, this isnt an issue at all. And god knows hurding 20 of us to dnforum.ca is a waste of time, the action is here, always will be. In fact if Adam truly believed we should use dnforum.ca only for .ca sales, delete the .ca forums here! That aint gonna happen.

Adam could have new posts happen on the .ca site and then have them overlay here for everyone to view. If you want to post, simply join the .ca site and start posting, and if you just want to read, do it on the .com site where everything has been brought under one roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom