Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Dnforum.ca Opening Special - Get .ca Domains for $5.75

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is the deal that a Dnforum.ca user negotiated to help launch the new DNFourm.ca and show CIRA 'if you build it, they will come' by really convincing them that they should be lowering the registration price permanently.

For a month we can actually have really cheap new .ca domain registrations.

Go to www.dot-ca-registry.ca and sign up. Pick some domains to register and you will see there is a Promo Code field on the Domain Add screen. With the promo code *DNF2011Oct* you get a price of *$10.00*. When you go to the checkout it will deduct a further *$4.25* which is the month long CIRA promo. Net price per domain is just *$5.75*.

The $4.25 new registration promo is only on the first year as per CIRA, if someone does a five year registration they would get the remaining four years at the special DNForum $10.00 price.

Enjoy and a special thanks to User MSN, Daniel for negotiating this for all of us.

-=DCG=-

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice thx, :yo:

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is the deal that a Dnforum.ca user negotiated to help launch the new DNFourm.ca and show CIRA 'if you build it, they will come' by really convincing them that they should be lowering the registration price permanently.

For a month we can actually have really cheap new .ca domain registrations.

Go to www.dot-ca-registry.ca and sign up. Pick some domains to register and you will see there is a Promo Code field on the Domain Add screen. With the promo code *DNF2011Oct* you get a price of *$10.00*. When you go to the checkout it will deduct a further *$4.25* which is the month long CIRA promo. Net price per domain is just *$5.75*.

The $4.25 new registration promo is only on the first year as per CIRA, if someone does a five year registration they would get the remaining four years at the special DNForum $10.00 price.

Enjoy and a special thanks to User MSN, Daniel for negotiating this for all of us.

-=DCG=-

Thanks MSN and Adam... Interesting promotion. So is this a special for DNForum members only or for all Registrars??

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CIRA is running a promotion for the registrars, and some are passing that along to their customers, but only one has created this offer for DNForum users.

You will only get the $5.75 price at dot-ca-registry using Promotion Code DNF2011Oct.

I registered a dozen domains already for less than $70. :cool:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I do not know if it is sweet, but it sure is cheap. I think I will register a couple of hundred domains at this rate.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I will register a couple of hundred domains at this rate.

Would that include GoMSNGo.ca??? Just kidding!!! I would agree with you on that.. yes, if you have some domains to register, then may be a good time for sure.. a good reason not to go for any TBR domains this month!!

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am up to 28 so far with more to go. It is too bad CIRA did not do this when it would have made a big difference.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why is this CIRA promo not on CIRA's home-page?
Would that not have a much bigger impact on the experiment?

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps someone at CIRA wants to be able to say 'Look, we cut the cost of registrations for a month and it did not make any difference, therefore we have no need to cut the price of registrations permanently!'

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it will make a difference...but how to monitor it is another story...
maybe the registrars can give some rough numbers of domains reg'd within the promo time. :)

personally I will reg a 100 or so.

:yo:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CIRA will know exactly - October is a slow month anyway, so if they look at the total new registrations this month they easily can compare to October last year.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it will make a difference...but how to monitor it is another story...
maybe the registrars can give some rough numbers of domains reg'd within the promo time. :)

personally I will reg a 100 or so.

:yo:

It's going to be a VERY MINOR blip on the radar, IMO.
We have dropped over 400 names in the past year, many of which we certainly would have kept if there were a permanent $4.00 wholesale reduction.
We'll only be registering about 20 to 30 domains during the promotion, which we would have registered eventually anyways.
But to go domain crazy now, and then not renew them in 1 or 2 years at regular prices doesn't make sense to us.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We added about 1000 domains so far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom