Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Dnforum.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
than you should make ofter for $5500.00
and make $2000.00 profits
Not quite.
DNF's current price tag is set at $7200 not $5500, outsiders should not make assumptions nor give sarcastic rhetoric in a weak attempt disprove myself and or the appraisal given. In addition I would just like to add that even at $3000 I wouldn't buy DNF. I do not care how much I would make reselling the forum. I am only interested in hosting/merchant account acquisitions. In which I develop. Not my style to buy something and immediately turn it over for peanuts.

Whois-Search, I do not see how DNF's market value has decreased so dramatically. That new board, DomainState, looks like shit. It's only members will be those who have befriended the three mods. Meanwhile DNF will continue to grow with a future user-base that will not even have an awareness of the 'Domain State' forum, nor this whole fiasco in general.

DS better get there marketing budget up if they want to compete. Because living off DNF veteran members will not last to long.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have to side with President Gringo on this one. Forums cost alot in bw and most people ignore the banners so income from the site I assume would be very low if existant after hosting costs. If there is an offer of 5k on the table imo .

Actually bandwidth usage on forums (especially this one) is quite low. Especially since most vBulletin's have gZip enabled. Secondly, yes the CTR on the majority of forums is low. And I would agree with you if you weren't referring to DNF. However you are. And I know for a fact that Dan is paid on a monthly basis. Therefore ignoring the banners will not make a difference. As revenue is not earned from clicks (CPC) nor impressions (CPM). Just a predetermined flat-fee.

You'd be surprised what kind of revenue can be earned with the right campaign. Especially with these latest pay per click search engines, willing to split revenues!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Onyx

Not quite.
DNF's current price tag is set at $7200 not $5500, outsiders should not make assumptions nor give sarcastic rhetoric in a weak attempt disprove myself and or the appraisal given. In addition I would just like to add that even at $3000 I wouldn't buy DNF. I do not care how much I would make reselling the forum. I am only interested in hosting/merchant account acquisitions. In which I develop. Not my style to buy something and immediately turn it over for peanuts.

Whois-Search, I do not see how DNF's market value has decreased so dramatically. That new board, DomainState, looks like shit. It's only members will be those who have befriended the three mods. Meanwhile DNF will continue to grow with a future user-base that will not even have an awareness of the 'Domain State' forum, nor this whole fiasco in general.

DS better get there marketing budget up if they want to compete. Because living off DNF veteran members will not last to long.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Onyx

Not quite.

I feel like a kid whose parents have divorced and moved to different homes. This whole business is very sad.

I agree that that marketing and moderating are important.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment that the formation of an alternative site is not siginificant. We have debated the relative value contributed by ownership, moderating, and members.. and there are honest differences in opinion. Now the market (traffic in thise case) will decide.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the launching of DomainState is significant, as well as all the recent events that have occurred. All of which have decreased DNF's value. It's evident, I am not denying this. However there is that reoccurring traffic, six-months branding, indexed in search engines, and just the overall awareness that keeps DNF valuable.

mantra

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainState does not have the same feeling as Dnforum !

I go there now, and 2 seconds later, im loading another page. Maybe if they were to change the layout (it's the default layout of vbulletin, i think) Change some categories, etc., It might make a better home, but as long as dnforum is here, i'm not moving.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think DNForum.com's value has been hurt by unintentional bad blood, but the value lost is not currently able to be determined with any accuracy, especially not by those close to the forum. The bias creates exaggeration I think.

I think most everyone involved at the high levels of these developments have decided what they wanted to do and done it. Only one person seemed a little abrasive about it that I saw.

As such, its left the the community to decide how to take this.

I don't know if I'm the only one who sees this, but I find it like some GREAT COSMIC JOKE, that a website forum for domain speculation and development has been subjected to unpleasantries concerning its own sale and speculation! I mean, that's the type of cliche plot-twist you expect, but like they say, truth can be stranger than fiction.

Let the forums be what they develop to be. Anyone who understands communities know that negative banter only hurts everyone, and distracts visitors from the REAL reason they come to the forum. None of the new people CARE, and if they got interested, they would only find irritation as their sole reward. How about them apples?

I skoffed at Mole's "let it be" rendition, but more and more the words are ringing in my ears like a cocophony when I read through some of these comments. I mean... geez.

Mantra/Others, I don't think criticizing DomainState is even appropriate. Others, I don't think spitting on DNForum is appropriate. For all of everyone's criticisms, realize that the truth always is made plain in the end. Time will tell.

Let's get back to business and cut the soap opera!

~ Nexus

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nexus

Nexus, it appears you've been bribed with Dan Bucks. :D

j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom