Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

DNJournal Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And by the way, Schwartz, didn't you insist on your board, in 2002, that the domain I wanted to buy for $10,000 - the name of which I had emailed you - was only worth about $1,500, and that I was off the wall for wanting to pay $10,000? The type-in traffic from that domain, PaydayLoans.com, has earned my company about $1 million over the last two years alone.

Are you willing to admit that what you said then wasn't true?

Just curious for the sake of curiousity but in 2002 were you able to monetize that domain like you are monetizing it now ? Things have changed dramatically since 2002 .

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just curious for the sake of curiousity but in 2002 were you able to monetize that domain like you are monetizing it now ? Things have changed dramatically since 2002 .
No, there was no pay-per-click then that I was aware of, nor did I have a deal like we have now whereby we get paid a premium amount for leads generated (we're currently switching between the two, which pay similarly). At the beginning the domain was making about $125/day from affiliate programs. The traffic is also much higher now. In all fairness to Rick I should say the domain turned out to be a lot more valuable than I thought it was at the time.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, there was no pay-per-click then that I was aware of, nor did I have a deal like we have now whereby we get paid a premium amount for leads generated (we're currently switching between the two, which pay similarly). At the beginning the domain was making about $125/day from affiliate programs. The traffic is also much higher now. In all fairness to Rick I should say the domain turned out to be a lot more valuable than I thought it was at the time.

Can You share the lead generators ? I am looking for some good loans and insurance lead generators. Thanks denny @ jzn.com

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Share this information with me as well, please send email to support @hardworking.com.

cheers,
em

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since you admit to over reacting...
If I did then I think I made a mistake in doing so. I'm not sure if I overreacted or not. Receiving a death threat is no small matter.

perhaps you would have the decency...
Perhaps Rick Schwartz and yourself would have the decency to admit that I might not have commited the crime of filing a false police report and to say of the call I described, "I condemn that type of activity in the strongest possible terms."

While I think the call was PROBABLY no more than an attempt to intimidate me, I'm still keeping a gun close and am afraid to open my shades at night.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I did then I think I made a mistake in doing so. I'm not sure if I overreacted or not. Receiving a death threat is no small matter.

Perhaps Rick Schwartz and yourself would have the decency to admit that I might not have commited the crime of filing a false police report and to say of the call I described, "I condemn that type of activity in the strongest possible terms."

While I think the call was PROBABLY no more than an attempt to intimidate me, I'm still keeping a gun close and am afraid to open my shades at night.

Maybe I missed something here but WHY would anyone related to this matter want to harm you in any way ... especially physically? Nothing, I've seen in this thread would warrant any reaction like that. Is there more here than you are telling us?

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LMFAO .. this thread has turned into the stupidest most entertaining pile of dogsh*t ever. Why don't you two just pull out a measuring tape and see who is the biggest for gods sake. This thread no longer has meaning or purpose, if infact it ever did.

Needs to be Xfiled anyway.

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed something here but WHY would anyone related to this matter want to harm you in any way ... especially physically? Nothing, I've seen in this thread would warrant any reaction like that. Is there more here than you are telling us?
Well, my posts could potentially affect attendance or sponsorship of the TRAFFIC shows, and at least one person has a lot invested in that. That's all I can think of (apart from resentment about being criticized), but again I'm not making any accusations.

So you're not willing either, izoot, to acknowledge that I might have received the call and to say, "I condemn that type of activity in the strongest possible terms"? That should be the first thing here, should it not?

ObtainADomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Jon, Can you post your emails to Rick?

Jon, RaiderGirl's suggestions are a good one, please post your emails to Rick. He has publicly posted his emails to you we'd like to see your side. Also, what exactly started this whole thing? It's unclear what John Berryhill did that upset you to start with. If you want us to take your side, we need more details.

dnjon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jon, RaiderGirl's suggestions are a good one, please post your emails to Rick. He has publicly posted his emails to you we'd like to see your side. Also, what exactly started this whole thing? It's unclear what John Berryhill did that upset you to start with. If you want us to take your side, we need more details.
My original posting was about the quality of DNJournal reporting with regard to Rick Schwartz and TRAFFIC. I tried to speak in terms of general principles and not make this a platform for personal accusations, and after the moderator here specifically said he didn't think this was the place for that kind of thing I didn't answer the question about exactly what had personally happened to me. After Rick Schwartz attacked me in the way he did I did provide some details, however I'm not sure it's appropriate at this time to continue doing so, for everyone involved. If the moderator here requests it, however, I will do so.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edited

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No! This thread is nuts. Obliterate!! dot com........hmmmm there's a thought.

ObtainADomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, my posts could potentially affect attendance or sponsorship of the TRAFFIC shows, and at least one person has a lot invested in that.
Speaking of which, does anyone know any good domain alternatives to the TRAFFIC conference? This whole secret forum thing, kicking out dissenters, and mafia death threat antics (if Jon's story is true) strike me as juvenile.

Do people ever stop to think, that at $2000 a head, a substantial part of Rick's income may come from the conferences? If by luck, you had gotten into the domain game as early as Rick (& many others), might you be rich too? Could Rick be a shamless self promoter like Anthony Robbins who is all talk and no substance? If someone calls himself the "Domain King" enough, can he really get people to start believing it? And will people simply line up like mindless sheep to be fleeced of their 2k?

I've often asked myself, are the speakers really going to reveal any secret information that will allow you to compete with them? Would the $2000 be better spent on a domain?

Adam, would you consider having a domain conference near Niagra Falls (Canadian side) for us in the Northern US and Canada? (But please charge less than 2k.)

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, does anyone know any good domain alternatives to the TRAFFIC conference? This whole secret forum thing, kicking out dissenters, and mafia death threat antics strike me as juvenile.

Do people ever stop to think, that at $2000 a head, a substantial part of Rick's income may come from the conferences? Could Rick be a shamless self promoter like Anthony Robbins who is all talk and no substance? If someone calls himself the "Domain King" enough, can he really get people to start believing it? And will people simply line up like mindless sheep to be sheared of their 2k?

I've often asked myself, are the speakers really going to reveal any secret information that will allow you to compete with them? Would the $2000 be better spent on a domain?

Adam, would you consider having a domain conference in toronto for us in the Northern US and Canada? (But please charge less than 2k.)
I don't have any special alliegance to Rick, but I attended TRAFFIC in Vegas, and it was worth every cent (including myself and my business partner flying for 22 hours from Western Australia, and the added price of accomodation in an extremely nice hotel). I'd imagine that hiring the conference facilities and the catering (which was fantastic) wouldn't be cheap. The speakers were interesting, but the real value came from meeting people and making contacts.

I believe the price is less than $2k (I recall we paid about $1400) which, if you're serious about this business, is nothing. I think the overall trip, including accomodation and flights, cost us around $20k, and I'm sure we'll be returning next year.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like with any industry there are always efforts to cut out the middleman. Especiallly when the big dog continually raises prices. We've already seen this in action with a recent event in the Los Angeles area and a Sedo event in Germany. I suspect many more invitation only events will follow.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with invitation-only events. It drives the initiative for large, open-air conferences.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like with any industry there are always efforts to cut out the middleman. Especiallly when the big dog continually raises prices. We've already seen this in action with a recent event in the Los Angeles area and a Sedo event in Germany. I suspect many more invitation only events will follow.
I met Greg in Vegas - that was worth at least $1k of the ticket price :greensmilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom