• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Do parked domains get indexed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybuzz

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
564
Reaction score
1
I guess parked domains are pretty much empty excepct code from sedo or whoever that you use. Does google index it?
 
Goldkey and ActiveAudience have had some success keeping parked domains in search engines. With some other services the domains drop from search engines almost immediately when they get parked.

flybuzz said:
I guess parked domains are pretty much empty excepct code from sedo or whoever that you use. Does google index it?
 
I have found many of my domains well indexed in trafficz.com even after many years.

Pool and enom also seem to do very well getting their parked domains very near the top of the search engines.
 
What's the situation in respect to how search engines treat forwarded domain names?
 
How does TrafficZ do that successfully?

Which categories do well there?


dotNetKing said:
I have found many of my domains well indexed in trafficz.com even after many years.
 
trader said:
How does TrafficZ do that successfully?

Which categories do well there?
thats a top rated question and worth a bump...
 
trader said:
How does TrafficZ do that successfully?

Personally I don't know how they do it, but they manage it, at least for previously registered domains.

For an example, I picked up otomobilim.net when it dropped in August 2003, three years ago, and it still/now shows up in position one in google.co.uk out of 90k pages.

I'm guessing that in the case of this domain, part of the answer for the "success" is that there are still plenty of sites linking to it.

trader said:
Which categories do well there?

I'm not too sure about that as I put very few domains elsewhere. I'm sure that some people do know though.
 
commandercody said:
Create and temporary webpage you can get some free templates at
http://www.openwebdesign.org/ or http://www.oswd.org/designs/browse/
Let it sit for 6 months until it builds some search results, then park the page. That's the only sure way I can say to get indexed.

Give the page a couple of good backlinks, then you are solidly listed after 4 to 6 weeks. Don't need to wait 6 months.
 
They do get indexed, but not very well.
 
After joining GoldKey and becoming familiar with their pages, I've often found them in Google results. One I have parked with GK is now at #5 on page 1 for the search on the sld.
 
How about this - I hand reg'd pickledbeetroot.com a few months back. Seems someone owned it in 2001 - no site or anything.

Type pickled beetroot into google and up comes my Trafficz page at position 8 page 1. I know it aint the most popular topic but, hey, it's bringing traffic...

Jas
 
jasdon11 said:
How about this - I hand reg'd pickledbeetroot.com a few months back. Seems someone owned it in 2001 - no site or anything.

Type pickled beetroot into google and up comes my Trafficz page at position 8 page 1. I know it aint the most popular topic but, hey, it's bringing traffic...

Jas
It works better with obsecure names like this where there isnt a lot of competition for the keywords
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom