• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Do you register TM domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the post.

Why dangerous, the worst that can happen is you just give them the domain.. or can they still come after you?

I heard one casino owner in LV was so pissed off by a typo-squatter that next thing you know the typo-squatter "accidentally" jumped off his 48th floor pent-house apartment....

typo-squatting is a big no no....
 
It is stealing ... just like a common pick-pocket.

anyway
I know about one cocky typosquatter, who was using fake whois and was not from the USA. A casino sued him succesfully in Nevada court for $200K in damages, then with a court order to the registrar tracked him down via credit card and now he can not go to the USA because he would be arrested at the airport immediately upon arrival (or similar).

Lex Luthor springs to mind ... real bad eggs

Yeah..I heard a story about one guy that got involved with this sorta thing, and some casino(obviously mob based) sent some guys to make an offer he couldnt refuse. Anyway, long story short, he now eats through a straw.
 
Yeah..I heard a story about one guy that got involved with this sorta thing, and some casino(obviously mob based) sent some guys to make an offer he couldnt refuse. Anyway, long story short, he now eats through a straw.

I love it - Domain folklore.
 
Yeah..I heard a story about one guy that got involved with this sorta thing, and some casino(obviously mob based) sent some guys to make an offer he couldnt refuse. Anyway, long story short, he now eats through a straw.

Uh huh...and typosquatters are the bad guys :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom