Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Do you Squidoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you heard about www.Squidoo.com ?

It is the next big social networking website. The basic idea is this: Squidoo is made up of individual lenses (pages) about a single topic. When you sign up for free as a lensmaster, you can create as many new lenses as you want, using Squidoo's simple, yet robust CMS system.

Google loves Squidoo pages and it is completely allowed to link from your lenses to your websites or affiliate pages. I just started working with it 3 days ago and I already made my first affiliate sale.

As well, when someone clicks on one of the Adsense ads on a lens or purchases something from an Ebay or Amazon link the profit gets split. 50% goes to the owner of that lens (payable via Paypal), 45% goes to Squidoo (it is a company) and 5% goes to charity. You can also choose to have your cut go to anyone of about 60 well known charitable groups.

Spamming Squidoo (making tons of lenses with nothing but keywords) wont get you anywhere. However, creating lenses with original content and links to your other projects is encouraged.

So let's review, Squidoo is:
  • free
  • easy to use
  • a great source of free traffic
  • a way to support worthy charities

Seriously, go sign up and test it out.

www.Squidoo.com

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not at all

Its just a seriously powerful tool.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it is on my list of things to do since quite sometime nw..

groundctrl

Coolest User Ever
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's not really a social networking site per-se. it's like the blogger of individual pages, instead of blogging tools. everything is pre-made so it's really about content, which is nice, but i wouldn't really call it revolutionary.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't really call it revolutionary.

the CMS isn't revolutionary (although it has a ton of very cool features), but the revenue-sharing model is.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to help out as many of you as possible. If you are looking to promote a product or a website, or pretty much anything else...you absolutely have to try www.Squidoo.com

It's totally free, very easy to use and they are totally OK with you promoting your sites/products (they actually list it as a reason you should join). Google absolutely loves their pages...so you can get high rankings + traffic pretty easily.

So sign up, set up some lenses (a lens is a page on Squidoo) and market either your own products, your websites or affiliate products by placing links to them on your lenses. I'm making high $xx to low $xxx per day selling affiliate products using Squidoo alone (which is why I haven't been as active on the forum lately).

I don't work for it or have any vested interest in it, but Squidoo is a seriously powerful marketing tool which many of you will be able to profit from.

wow, way to merge topics....lol

I can't believe more people haven't got involved with this site.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
google loves their pages? I have never seen a squidoo page in the serps - have some examples?

I have a few accounts but never have done anything with them.

gariben

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
google loves their pages? I have never seen a squidoo page in the serps - have some examples?

I have a few accounts but never have done anything with them.

I'm not posting any of my lenses publicly...but I have gotten to the top 5 of keywords and phrases that get thousands of searches per month.

One big trick, make sure to Digg all your lenses, gets them indexed really quickly (usually within 2 days).

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will look into it

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks GT, glad to hear something about this.

I take it you use your lenses to push link pop to your other sites, or do you do it to make money on the lens itself?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't made more than a couple bucks through Squidoo itself (I dont use the Amazon or other "sales" modules), I just use the lenses to link to affiliate products, which is how I'm making my money at the moment.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How long does it usually take for your lenses to get traffic GT.. I have made a couple of lenses but both are just sitting there with no traffic as of now... :-(

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Warning: Squidoo is highly addictive

Buggered if I know why GT won't post his squidoo
I am not the shytype, shy type, I mean

Get a gander at my squidoo on DN Blogs and Links
www.squidoo.com/domainblogs/

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Squidoo has been hopeless for me so far.....

DotSauce

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got one for my Domain News Magazine
http://www.squidoo.com/dotsauce

I am not sure how much traffic it brings me because the links run through feedburner RSS feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom