• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Do you visit anything other than .com, .net, .org or .gov websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawpal

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2002
Messages
529
Reaction score
1
I was curious as to who out there actually visits anything other than .com, .net, .org or .gov websites, and perhaps a few country specific extensions like australia or the uk. I surf daily, and believe myself to be quite diverse in the sites I visit, but .com dominates by a far margin.

However, I see lots of people on this site asking for feedback on .info, .ws and lately .mobi domains, and I wonder who the hell actually visits those sites.

Input anyone?

:painkiller:
 
.info is used a lot for travel and city/location websites. I have visited a few of those.

I've visited a few .mobi websites, but only just to see what they look like. I can see a future for .mobi and mobile sites.

in Canada I would say right now that .ca is as popular as .com, .ca used a lot for government, business, products, radio stations, you always know with a .ca that it is targetted to Canadians - so the content will be relevant to a person in Canada (items in canadian dollars, shipping within Canada, contests that Canadians can enter, products available within Canada, etc.)
 
.co.in and .in i visit a lot. info sometimes.
 
it really depends on whar you're looking for and what part of the world you're based in. I'd say in europe cTLDs are really popular.
 
I visit quite a few .com.pe sites as I live in Peru.

I have a .ws site with adsense on that earns me $12 a month ($144 a year) and got 2300 page impressions last month.
 
I visit a lot of .ca sites...
 
Yep see and visit lots of different .ca websites. Any search on google.com is bound to bring up as many .ca websites as .com's for me. After .com's would be the obvious .net and .org but I see and visit the odd .info and .co.uk as well from the search engines.

When I am in the mood to try my bad French or German I will hit up their extensions via google as well. - usually for school related projects.
 
I visit any good site regardless TLD, so for me that answer is yes. I like whois.sc for example.
 
I type in what I'm looking for before I go to google search... and usually depending from the nature of what I'm looking for I use .com or .cz (Czech ccTLD)
 
I use .de .no .se .dk
depends on whar you're looking for
 
For Canadians it goes .COM then .CA. I don't really visit any .NET's or .ORG's.
 
sxc.hu is one of the strangest extensions i visit. otherwise its the usual suspects.
 
I never type in extension unless I know the site and extension where i am going, i allways use google search
 
other then them.. im using .se alot ;)
 
i would say no unless its a very good website or my country domain like sample.pk or sample.com.pk
 
I would visit .ca .be .com.au and .co.uk quite often...
 
I'm in South Africa so visit co.za, com and co.uk frequently
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom