• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualT

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2006
Messages
2,228
Reaction score
19
Just interested to know, as a domainer, when you click into a parked page do you think:

(a) bastard is too lazy to put up any content, no way hes going to make any money off me ->[X]

(b) this is a fellow domainer trying to make a few quid, ill just click on a link or two and help him with his grocery money, hope he returns the favour

(c) Is this domain for sale? I wonder how much it makes ->[sedo]

(d) get me out of here asap


I have to admit a lot of (d) but sometimes a bit of (b)
I think more (b) would be good for all of us.
 
if i am interested and searching for the topic then i click if not i move on.
 
(a) when i'm mad.
(b) when the owner is a girl
(c) when i click on the signature links
(d) the rest of the time
 
(a) bastard is too lazy to put up any content, no way hes going to make any money off me ->[X]
 
I think more (b) would be good for all of us.
That's only good if you're in fact interested on what you are clicking. If not, you are doing no good at all.

That's click fraud.
 
That's only good if you're in fact interested on what you are clicking. If not, you are doing no good at all.

That's click fraud.

Hence why you should always use "domains" as the keyword for your low traffic numerics :)
 
i just copy the website address in browser and go to the site that way, in fact i also do the same with google adds as well, I never clcik
 
I usually hit a parked page when I'm just checking out domains to buy. And when I hit that page I think "shucks he has a clue." Unless I hit a default registrar parked page, then I jump for joy :)
 
Only if the content is relevant to the search I am trying to perform, while at the same time being mutually exclusive and captivating to my hobbies and interests

Hence why you should always use "domains" as the keyword for your low traffic numerics

I suppose exceptions can be made from time to time.
 
I rarely click on a link unless I am really interested in the link that came up...usually I do option "c"
 
I'm a mean bastard and don't click the links. Parked pages annoy me especially when its a typo and I normally go into a screaming rage and trash my computer......not lol. Depends if the link is something I'm looking for.
 
I do not click on the ads and do not want anyone clicking on my ads purely out of generousity towards me. This is not a sprint, it's a marathon. It's important that advertisers get value for their money, otherwise the goose that lays the golden egg could go away.
However, I do not consider it to be "click fraud" when someone clicks on an ad just to benefit the publisher. I think fraud is a strong word and true click fraud is a little more malicious than that.
 
Personally, when I see a parked page, it depends where I am coming from. From Google, I close the window. From DNF, I think of buying the name (if I like it ;) ), etc.
 
Just interested to know, as a domainer, when you click into a parked page do you think:

(d) get me out of here asap

I choose (d)....as we all know most parking pages are crap....and very few are pleasant to look at or easy navigate....or take us to the info we are seeking...so we smell a rat right away.....If I see relevance to what I am looking for I would click, however if it throws up nonsense I scat ASAP...

Luckily only a minute amount of surfers are domainers....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom