• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Does this seem strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mppedersen

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
I have bought a domain that was making about 1$ a day in PPC, its a typo of milliondollarhomepage.com. All of the sudden it as gone from 1$ to 3$ to $30 and today is over $60 all in 4 days. I asked fabulous to check the traffic as I do not want to risk my relationship with them over 1 domain, I have not heard back from them yet. I've done nothing with this domain as far as promotion. All I can assume is that since the million$homepage is almost full more people are looking for it.

Has this type of thing happened to anybody else, and how do the PPC companies handle it?
 
This is what happened to me with Google Adsense with a site of mine...traffic and clicks kept going up and up and after a couple months they decided to ban me.

Let's hope Fabulous treats its clients better than Google in that respect.
 
I tried to head that off by asking them to review the traffic, hopefully if its bad then they will just deactivate that one domain and I will develope it elsewhere.
 
my 10 or so "mhp" typos are rocking lately too....its been getting alot of publicity I think...
 
I think it sold out all of the pixels...so it's getting a lot of traffic.
 
GT Web said:
This is what happened to me with Google Adsense with a site of mine...traffic and clicks kept going up and up and after a couple months they decided to ban be.

Let's hope Fabulous treats its clients better than Google in that respect.


Same crap happened to me. Instead of asking for the name to be removed from the program they terminated my account. Very professional their business practices are.
 
according to his blog the traffic has shot up to 600,000 visiters per day the alst few days. i would expect that to be why your typo traffic has also shot up.
 
Hello

If you suspect one of your sites might get you banned, study the logs for a few days they will tell you if the traffic is fake or real. If you think it is fake after looking at your logs, cut the site off. If the traffic is real and google or any other tries to ban you over it, zip up the logs and send them to them. It has worked for me in the past.

Most hosting panels allow you to download your logs, if a company owes you a lot of money and bans you, the logs from your site will stand in court. It is easy to spot fraud in the logs, you will notice a pattern if something is wrong.

My account was terminated once, I sent the logs and explain that the traffic was real and I could not find a problem anywhere in the site logs for a period of days. They reactivated my account.

If they ban you, don't give up and cuss them, prove them wrong, if they are right tell them you found the issue and have taken steps to block the bad traffic and you will give up the clicks to the site.

Before they ban you they look for a pattern, that pattern is in your logs. They do understand and know your traffic can increase at a fast pace if something to do with the site becomes popular, they are not going to ban you because you got slashdotted, they are going to ban you because a range of ip numbers click your ads over and over for a period of days.

just my thoughts on it not an expert...
 
Since the 29th my unique visitor count at my site has shot through the roof. Was getting ready to change a few things and maybe throw up a few affiliate pixel links when I checked the stats. It got atotal of 1496 uniques in December and has received 874 uniques since the 29th not including today and it isn't dying down, I finally put up adsense on the blog page. I really gotta figure out how to get that page kicked off.

Cheers!
[mod]removed the link, this is a non-promotion section[/mod]
 
My site jumped too.

Total hits: 14441
Total visitors: 11531
Average visitors per day: 123
Total for last 30 days : 334
01:02:2006 204
01:01:2006 130
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom