• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

? Dollars to Donuts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
838
Reaction score
0
Has anyone ever figured out or guessed an hourly income ( or debt :confused: ) from domaining?
If you compare this to your best salary how does it fare?
 
I have never actually compared it...but I am pretty sure it would be higher than my current salary.

I don't really know how I would calculate it - I spend quite a bit of time on the forums, but a good chunk of that is not really work, just recreation.
 
DotComGod said:
The best part is at this job I get paid at while I sleep!

-=DCG=-

It certainly is...that is what makes this job unique. I can go play a round of golf...and my round of golf is actually being paid for while I play. By the time I am on the 15th hole, my domains have paid for my green fees and my post-round meal.

Eventually I want to get to the point where my domains are able to pay for my vacations in the same way they pay for my golf games :-)
 
Residual Income: the Holy Grail of Investing.
There are many examples of making money while one sleeps (or golfs) such as dividends, property, business...
but few have a low entry cost. This is what makes domaining open to the masses and much like a lottery yet potentially lucrative.
Another difference is that this 'property' can be fixed up at a relatively small cost to increase it's value ie. content, ads.
I do think this can be an important part of an investment portfolio but classified as speculative to the uninitiated.
 
GT Web said:
It certainly is...that is what makes this job unique. I can go play a round of golf...and my round of golf is actually being paid for while I play. By the time I am on the 15th hole, my domains have paid for my green fees and my post-round meal.

Eventually I want to get to the point where my domains are able to pay for my vacations in the same way they pay for my golf games :-)

:amen:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom