• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domain Forwarding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gptpark

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Ok This might be a dumb question, I recently acquired the domain fast-times.com which was an old political site with lots of backlinks. I transfered the name to my godaddy account and I am forwarding the domain (using godaddy) to my site http://www.thevoter.org

Unfortunately, if the backlink was directed to a specific page like http://www.fast-times.com/political.html I get a 404 error?

Should I enable custom error pages and redirect? Anyone know how to resolve this so it forwards all incoming traffic to thevoter.org?

Thanks for the help.
 
Does the domain come with a GD web space account? If it does, all you have to do is enable .htaccess with a generic 404 redirect. Using your own DNS works best.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom