• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domain Hacker - "Viet Nguyen <[email protected]>"

  • Thread starter Thread starter tekz999
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

Guest
Recently I have received an email from the email in the title in regard to purchase one of my domain. Here is his email:




Reply
Reply to all Reply to allForward Forward Print Add Viet to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
from Viet Nguyen <[email protected]> hide details Jan 9 (1 day ago)
to [email protected]ess
date Jan 9, 2007 10:59 PM
subject xxx.xxx
signed-by gmail.com

Hello,

Sorry to bother you, however I would like to ask if the "xxx.xxx domain
name is for sale, and at what price you would consider?.

Thank you greatly for your time. I anticipate your response.

Take care,






Based on my experience, all vietnam domain buyer are domain hacker period. Simple fact. 100/100 are all domain hacker. Vietnamese cannot write english with perfect grammar also. So I replied and told him to f off.... :yes: Then he replied to my email with this:





Viet Nguyen
to me

show details
2:30 pm (8 hours ago)
I don't know what you've been thru with all those hackers (vietnam or indian) that you've mentioned, but i am a serious buyer. If your domain is for sale, and if we agreed upon price, the transaction can be completed using escrow.com.

Best regards,

P.S
By the way, i live in texas (USA)






He lives in texas and use a vietnam email. I am sure he is THE hacker that had stolen domains from sedo, afternic and pool. I have reported him to the legal authorities and I hope you all are alert of this "vietnam domain hacker", and report him to legal authorities if you receive an email from him. ;)
 
are you sure he does'nt just want to buy a domain? lol :shy:
 
Based on my experience, all vietnam domain buyer are domain hacker period. Simple fact. 100/100 are all domain hacker. Vietnamese cannot write english with perfect grammar also.

OMG, are you ok?

It sounds like this individual viciously attacked you and clearly committed several illegal acts all at the same time.

:lol:


First off, those are some dangerous assumptions. Secondly, your English grammar is FAR from perfect - does that make you a "domain hacker"?
 
I think you should just go ahead with the deal as long as Escrow is used for the transaction. However, it doesn't sound correct at all to stereotype Vietnamese in the light of hackers!
 
it sounds to me you'll waste your time....

tekz: ok, i will use escrow.com my asking price is $X,XXX
nguyen: no problem, but I need to make sure this is a fair price so I need an appraisal, please go to domainappraisals.com and then we'll talk
 
Sorry to bother you, however I would like to ask if the "xxx.xxx domain
name is for sale, and at what price you would consider?.

Thank you greatly for your time. I anticipate your response.

Take care,


You got all worked up over this email? Are you really a Doctor?, hopefully your not a surgeon.
 
note to self: don't send tekz999 a foreign sounding email :worried:
 
I think although you might have your reasons for suspicion, there is no need to tell him to f@#K off just because he sent you an offer in a Vietnamese email. That is definitely inadequate evidence . If you don't want to sell it to him, just politely say you aren't interested.

btw, many people, after they migrated to other countries, still use email services of their country of origin. I know many Koreans who live all over the world use Hanmail.com.
 
many people, after they migrated to other countries, still use email services of their country of origin. I know many Koreans who live all over the world use Hanmail.com.

Good point
 
note to self: don't send tekz999 a foreign sounding email :worried:

lol.

@ tekz999, I live in Vietnam, and I completed transactions with you on dnf twice - I reckon I was lucky that I didn't mangle my words :D

(granted, unfortunately there are some scammers in East Asia, but every Vietnamese? Anyway, let me know if you ever want me to check out anyone here)
 
According to tekz, 100/100 people from Vietnam are domain hackers.

typist: you must be a liar :-)
 
everyone is a hacker! even me! muahahhahahahaha :evil:
 
Please lookup the meaning and origin of the word hacker !
 
hack·er1 (hăk'ər)
n. Informal.
One who is proficient at using or programming a computer; a computer buff.

read more at www.answers.com
btw...hacker is often confused with "cracker" ...one who infiltrates computer networks and defeats security controls.
 
rotflmao. My point being is just be careful with domain buyer from vietnamese. I never do transactions with vietnamese based on my previous experience. I have already received few pms. All of the senders agree they have their domain stolen from selling to a vietnamese.

Later when your domain is stolen dont cry -_- grr!
A domain can be stolen from using escrow, and full payment refunded to the buyer. It happened. Listen from an old man like me -O-
 
Hah, what a joke.

You have posted a public warning, labelling him as a domain hacker and givinig his/her personal information on a public forum.

Why? Because he asked if you wanted to sell a domain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom