Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domain Portfolio 0.1.0 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexi Web Host

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am happy to announce that version 1.1.0 of the Domain Portfolio script has now been released.

With this first release the following features are currently present:-

Admin Panel
  • Add a single domain
  • Add multiple domain names from a csv file, standard text file or simply entering them into a text box
  • Easily manage single or multiple domains
  • Easily add and remove categories
  • Easily add and remove registrars
  • Easily add and remove development status
  • Add and remove side boxes and reorder as necessary
  • IDN support

User Pages
  • Sortable domain list (by registrar, expiry and domain name)
  • Easy general contact page
  • Easy contact page for questions relating to a domain name
  • Category Links to see domains in specific categories
  • Easy search box
  • Domain details page listing information particular to the domain

Backend
  • Pseudo cron system (if you do not have access to cron the script can simulate it)
  • Simple cron system for addons with no config needed
  • Automatically retrieve creation and expiry dates for domains
  • Automatically checks if updates are available for the portfolio script

Be sure to give me feedback and of course suggest some features.

More information can be located HERE.
To download the script click HERE.

Demo
Public Portfolio
http://demo.collectionmanagers.com/dp/

Admin Panel
http://demo.collectionmanagers.com/dp/admin/index.php

username: demo
password: account

Last edited:

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where I can see a demo?
Thanks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hmm...if you need my suggestion, you need to create a table of TLDs instead of allowing the user to enter the domain with the TLD. This way you can manage the data accurately.

Flexi Web Host

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1 reason I chose to not do that as so that people could add domains regardless of whether the script fully supports it or not.

If you consider how many top level domains there are with their second level domain's you are running into 3 figures easily.

For example there are :-

.ac.uk
.co.uk
.gov.uk
.ltd.uk
.me.uk
.mod.uk
.net.uk
.nhs.uk
.nic.uk
.org.uk
.parliament.uk
.plc.uk
.police.uk
.sch.uk

Of course not all of these are registrable but it shows how many second level domains there are for .uk. Other top level domain have similar amounts (some even more).

In my opinion it would become unmanageable to list every possibility and would be hard to keep track of new top level domains and second level domains emerging. Also with ICANN's intention of opening up the extensions in the next couple of years doing this would be impossible.

Thank you for the feedback however, I will of course keep this in mind.

Flexi Web Host

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am happy to announce that version 0.9.1 of the Domain Portfolio script has now been released.

This bug fix release currently fixes the following issues:-

• Auto cron was not running properly.
  • Last cron check date would update when the domain was updated.
  • If a domain was in a development status that required the domain to be linked the domain would still not be linked.
  • If no domains existed URL's in the admin panel would be incorrect when on the manage domains page.
  • Various grammatical errors.
  • Various html validation issues.

As well as the bug fixes this release also introduces 2 minor feature additions:-

• 1 click upgrade for the whois database provided the file is writeable (link can be found in the settings section in the admin panel)
  • Ability to show the domain both linked and unlinked in the details page.

The 1 click whois database update enables the whois database to be update without the need for a proper release of the script, this enables the script to be more up to date with easier use. In the event there are any issues with a particular whois server this will also be picked up quickly as we run tests on a regular basis so that any duff servers will be removed as soon as they are found.

Demo

Public Portfolio

Admin Panel

P.S. We have chosen to immediately go to 0.9.1 as there was a slight error with the initial release. The script declared it was 0.9.0 instead of 0.1.0. So that this does not cause issues with future releases we have taken 0.9.0 to have been the initial release.

Last edited:

Flexi Web Host

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Version 1.0.0 has now been released. The new release takes care of a few bugs as well as introduces a few new features.

You can now state whether a domain is for sale on Sedo, Afternic, Tdnam or Snap Names. There are also numerous other features.

As well as the features you can see there are also features you cannot see. The side boxes have been changed and an API is being implemented (full documentation coming soon). The full API makes it easier for developers to create their own boxes.

Another advantage of the way boxes work now is that you can now (if the box allows it) plae the box below the content. A new box which takes advantage of this new feature comes bundled with the package. The domain details box fetches information from Google (how many pages are indexed and how many inlinks there are), Alexa (alexa rank) and lastly how many times the domain is listed in DMOZ. This is an official box and as such will improve with every version released.

Another endeavour that we have started is to allow the removal of branding from the script. This can be purchased on a per release basis or alternatively on a lifetime basis (which also includes installation of 1 of our scripts if necessary). This also entitles you access to a private section of the support forum which will feature new boxes prior to release as well as beta release versions prior to being released to the public. In this area you will also receive priority support and feature requests will be given priority (this does not guarantee they will be implemented).

Last edited:

DirectoryNetwork.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Flexi,

Very nice job

My got Excel list for my domain portfolio.

It also got "created date" (for age topic), Price paid or cost, Developed or park (if park - Where).

Could be info for Admin Only.

Hope it will help for your next development.

I'll kept in touch of your Domain portfolio

Last edited:

Flexi Web Host

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A few bugs have been found in version 1.0.0. None of these bugs were security related however due to the nature of 1 of the bugs it was deemed appropriate to release an update.

The bugs found were:

• Domain names that had already expired did not show in the list of expiring domain names. As this could potentially result in somebody losing a domain name we classified this as a high priority bug.
  • When clicking on a domain in the admin panel you were taken too a page that stated no domain had been selected. This is a minor bug and did not stop managing domains however was deemed an annoyance.
  • Domain details box output the results in the wrong order so appeared results were incorrect.

It is advised that you upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible.

Flexi Web Host

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
**Just realised I had not already posted this**

I am happy to announce that version 1.1.0 of the Domain Portfolio script has now been released.

As part of the normal release cycle there have been a few bug fixes. If you locate any further issues please be sure to let me know.

As well as the bug fixes this release also introduces many feature additions such as:-

• You can now export domains.
  • Cron scripts can be easily installed with no content box necessary.
  • Easier management of domains with searching and sorting capabilities added.

This is certainly not a comprehensive list of additional features. Some of the new features may not be apparent.

As well as the feature additions the new version fixes an issue some people were experiencing in which using named results in regular expressions would cause blank pages. This involved a rewrite of both the whois and template functionality. We have also made a few changes that help with SEO as some people experienced Google declining their application to join Google Webmaster Tools.

Demo

Public Portfolio

Admin Panel

**ADDED**

For those of you that do not like copyright notices on their scripts we also allow copyright removal. Full details can be found HERE. People who purchase copyright removal get access to further support on the forums. 1 privilege of this also includes updates prior to general release. 1 script uploaded at the moment is to allow you to use a WYSIWYG editor for domain details instead of purely using text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom