• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domain registrar to registrar transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

i m gr8

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
335
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I have a question ,

If I transfer a domain from one registrar to another . Suppose the domain is abc.com ( just an example )

Will the namservers I have created for that domain ns1.abc.com and ns2.abc.com will still keep existing at the new registrar or I'll need to create them again at the new registrar ?

Thanks
 
They will transfer over unless you specifically say not to. i.e.) When transferring to Moniker it will automatically keep the same nameservers. Going through checkout if I specifiy alternate ones it will use the alternate ones.

Hope this helps.
 
Thanks for your reply , but I am not talking about the nameservers towards which the domain is pointing but the nameserver created of that domain itself.

like for domain abc.com , ns1.abc.com and ns2.abc.com pointing to ips on my server.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom