• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domain Renewal Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
9,128
Reaction score
176
Hi Guys,
anyone else been getting spam renewal emails from these scumbags?
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]reminder @ domainrenewalonline.com

checked whois & were only set up in april this year
they must trawl through lists & email people whose domains are coming up for renewal, trying to con people into paying them.
anyone know the quickest & easiest way of reporting spam, all forms i looked at are like reporting a crime.

[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]domainrenewalonline.com
How do we best protect unsuspecting noobs etc? Report? To who?
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica] protect us all

is it easier for you guys in america to report it?
[/FONT]
 
I got several from the same Scammers( I think it is appropriate)
As far as unsuspecting noobs are concerned there can't be a perfect remedy as todays noob learns from the mistake of falling prey to such Scammers and a new noob or noobs will be evolving every day.
But a Sticky thread on all major domain forums like DNF, that is regularly updated with information about this kind of Scams certainly reduce the imminent damages.

Thank you bringing this up.
 
just got many emails from the same scammers this week :(
 
..................................
 
Lots of domain renewal scams from lots of registrars.. add another one to the list
 
They are not registrars actually, just resellers I presume...
 
I got the same email for one of my domains that has 90 days time , go finish them cause a lot of people will believe this scam.
 
Can someone report them to hosting company? what's best way?
 
they are taking CC info over an unsecure protocol (http).
my guess is they are ONLY putting this sites up to collect credit card info.
what scares me is that they are now multilingual- a friend of mine received an email in romanian pointing to that stupid site.

there must be a way to shut them down - they are using cisco, Microsoft logos- maybe report to them and let one of them shut them down?
 
I received another email & others have posted about these Guys. how do we get them banned?
 
They charge money by multicards.com which is serious company, just report them about this scam site.
 
Do what you can Pred to get rid of these scammers...I got one of the emails too...
 
Let's write to registrar + host + multicards
 
Lord, I been getting boatloads of them. Got many names renewing.

I have just been ignoring them. I never even looked at the prices 'cause I don't care who they are and I don't a start up is going to better the prices and a secure registrar like Moniker.

Then I see Bender and the link and I am like EEEEEEEEEK! :eek:

Surely someone is not going to fall for that pricing.

That is so 1998'ish.

Hey, bring back the image feature! There were some good laughs to be had.
 
I got one of these emails yesterday. Maybe they're not just taking CC information -- maybe they become the new registrants of your domains if you choose to "renew" with them? Scary concept - it is possible?

Oh and Bender, they are using the secure protocol - check the HTML source code, you'll see:
https://secure.multicards.com/cgi-bin/order2/processorder1.pl

But either way, don't submit your CC information to them. :)
 
I got one of these emails yesterday. Maybe they're not just taking CC information -- maybe they become the new registrants of your domains if you choose to "renew" with them?
...

I don't think so. I receive these mails in Dutch and about renewal it says:
Als Domain Renewal uw domein verlengd zal er geen informatie gewijzigd worden in de “Whois” afdeling. Het domein zal verlengd worden met 1 jaar. U blijft dus doorgaan met uw huidige leverancier.

Translated in English:
If "Domain Renewal" renews your domain(registration), no information will be changed in the "Whois" section. Your domain will be renewed for 1 year. You will continue with your current registrar.



Why should I pay to a third party if I stay with my registrar?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom