• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domain things that make you go hmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2002
Messages
2,455
Reaction score
0
Lots of screwed up things in our little industry. Why not ask about them?

Category: ICANN fees

*Why does ICANN charge a 25 cent "fee" on every TLD domain registration?
*Who told them they could charge that fee?
*What do we as registrants get in return for this fee?
*Who profits by that fee at ICANN?
*Why do several registrars charge the fee on ccTLDs (such as .us) when
those are NOT suppose to be involved? Where do those fees go then?
 
I think holding a domain for 1 year at a cost of $6.95 is cheap, I for one am not complaining.
 
I think holding a domain for 1 year at a cost of $6.95 is cheap, I for one am not complaining.

I think it's high when there are companies willing and able to do it for $1.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom