Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain with Traffic - Can't Figure out Source! Help Needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got an issue I'm hoping one of you can help me solve...

Back in March I bought SEMCG.com (hand reg) and shortly after parking it at SEDO I noticed that is was generating quite a bit of traffic. I assumed that the domain must have previously been developed so I expected that the traffic would decrease as visitors no longer found whatever it is they were looking for.

Well...it's been just about 4 months now and the traffic has held steady - averaging 1600+ visits per month (March: 1564 | April: 976 | May: 2345 | June 1651). Obviously I'd like to figure out where it's coming from so I can maximize any potential, but I haven't been able to solve the riddle yet.

I've got a Search Marketing background (also the reason I bought it: Search Engine Marketing "C" "G") so I'm aware of the advanced Google search modifiers + I use a premium enterprise-level keyword research tool...still nothing has jumped out as the source.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Midgetlov

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Move it to your own DNS to find out what's going on.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Host the domain then you'll have access to raw stats. Or use a service like statcounter.
There are bugs at Sedo, I have had a few domains with strong stats like 100U/day and zero CTR, in fact the stats were completely wrong.

I know this for a fact because when I put the domain on a server the raw Apache log revealed 1 UV/day.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great tip...exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers,

Midgetlov

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators