• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domains for peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
5
I don't have too much domains, just a few hundreds, but each month I receive 2-3 inquiries.
I never respond with anything under $1,000. I consider it a waste of time doing this for less. But since I'm not really a domainer-for-parking, but domainer-for-develop, I'm not enthusiastic about to sell them, so I won't sell for cheap.
Regardless it is an english name or a spanish won. Same thing.
My possible end-user buyers are too cheap.

Actually, it is worse in spanish names. I have several .com, for which the .net has a website, even worse, the .net is a web-related business :(
Also, some non-dashed two words versions of domains for which the dashed version has a website running. Good free traffic for my parking, but what lame persons run this website that didn't think of getting the good one domain.
 
I still cant figure this out myself, i guess its a matter of pride, they probably still think we are all cybersquatters and why pay us a premium when it only cost 7 bucks to reg, so I guess it will allways be there loss and our gain till they change there thinking
 
Have you ever figured that maybe some of these people are down to earth people who dont want (or cant afford) to pay four figures for a "domain name" when they can just go ahead and register names for $8. If i wasnt a domainer, it would make perfect logic to me. (I almost never buy names, just register and sell).

and IMO, when renewal time comes and you havent sold a single one, then it will come to bite you in the butt. I usually sell many domains in the $XX and $XXX range. They can all add up to IMO much more then you would usually get by holding out for $1000.
 
In the specific cases I'm talking about these domains pay for themselves the registration by a factor of 20x.

Well of course then you dont sell them :P. Thats a "traffic domain", however, you said in the topic that these werent traffic names.
 
I have the same thinking as damitssam i almost never bought a domain from anyone i have always registered new and sold.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom