Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domains Repossessed By Godaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billp3

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions or suggestions on this situation.

I recently purchased several domains, 2 of which have been repossessed by GoDaddy. I purchased these outside of GoDaddy. After speaking with GoDaddy, here are the sequence of events we've been able to determine:

The original owner, Party A, sold them to Party B on GoDaddy's marketplace through an "Assured" transaction. Party B used a credit card to pay. After a period of time (I don't know how long exactly), Party B sold/transferred 2 domains to Party C. I purchased them from Party C.

A week after I purchased the names, Party B (or the person whose stolen card they were using) did a chargeback on their original transaction. Now GoDaddy has repossessed the domains from my account, citing the domains weren't paid for by Party B. GoDaddy has given me the "option" to pay the original purchase price for the domains. I am not interested in paying for the domains twice.

It appears I may have little other recourse at this point. I used Escrow.com, but of course they maintain it is not their responsibility (I tend to agree with this). So far, I have only spoken to first-line support at GoDaddy's fraud dept, but I'm trying to get in touch with somebody that has the authority to do something.

I don't know if Party B and Party C are in this together or not. Party C maintains they aren't involved in any wrongdoing.

What do you guys/gals think?

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tip: If you ever purchase a name for a significant value(more than you can afford to lose) ALWAYS make sure the Whois updated date is greater than 60 days, maybe 90 days to be on the safe side. The time period most credit card companies and banks allow chargebacks......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom