Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld DomDom.ca Now Accepting TBR Backorders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot...
For those of you who compile their own TBR list, it takes 2 seconds to backorder your entire list with DomDom:

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No the "TBR" icon just indicate the status of the domain. Just click on that icon to backorder.

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Note to myself: it's not clear enough! ;)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TBR backordering system, should be fixed... if you have a domain backordered already by another customer then let me know... I actually have been backordering with you for awhile thinking you were trying to catch domains for me, this week I find out you caught a domain I backordered with you and someone else had backordered it first??? I understand your first come first serve but don't throw it in my cart and make me think you are working for me on that domain. Let the person know its already backordered by someone else.
let me know if you fixed this.

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand your point but please do not forget that people add/delete domains until 15 minutes before the session. It's impossible to know the final layout of backorders until the last minute.
Don't worry, I am "working for you"... I'm very cheap labor at around $0.00001/hour so far this year for this project...

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah but at least let me know where I stand...I had a bunch of names and who knows if I was first to backorder or not... not meeee (which makes no sense at all)

supraturbo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice work, looks good to me so far. But like the others said maybe make the TBR backorder system a little more clear. Other then that it looks awesome and is pretty useful.

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your kind words supraturbo! (I like your nickname! :cheesy:)

Hiding the current position of backorder is a choice I made to not discourage people of keeping their backorder in place and to simplify the whole system. With the current "first come, first served" system the position information doesn't add any extra value except making the user doubt about keeping or removing the backorder. I cannot afford to lose backorders just because someone forgot that the whole backorders layout can change at any moment. This was the idea.

Anyway the current system is a temporary one, the final one is coming and will be all about positions...

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's sad to see you close down. But I understand. All the very best in your future endeavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom