Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Don't you guys think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuro_seany

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this forums is a bit dead considering we paid for the membership?

before i upgraded the membership i viewed and replied after i upgraded it

i am able to sell

but the amount of ppl that contributes is too little considering how much traffic this domain is getting (not just buy and sell, im talking about the whole forum)

thats my feeling.. i don't know how you guys feel

Upvote 0

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain economy is still soft. Though it has recovered some it is not as robust ( at least for me) as it was 2 years ago.

I'm sure things will pick up in the next year or so. I prefer to look long term on domains as it has played out better for me taking that approach. Everyday this market changes and it can get nerve racking if you are looking for signs.........

Domain Summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm new at this; so to not make the same mistakes in the future, I'd rather take critical criticism than nothing at all. :approve:
Many times it turns into the person who posted the appraisal getting upset with the valuation and the people making the appraisal.

What initially starts out as honest appraisals (opinions) has turned into heated exchanges.

Still, often times the appraisal threads can be pretty active - whether for good or bad.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still, often times the appraisal threads can be pretty active - whether for good or bad.

Well if you happen to see any of mine, feel free to drop an opinion-- I can shrug it off as a learning experience from other more established domainers. :yes:

I

impactadmin

During the end of the year the forum usually becomes a bit quiter due to the busy holidays and large amounts of money being spend preparing for holidays.

We charge a membership to help keep out members that are only here to post spam, start un needed threads and posts scammers.

Where other forums are open to this we try to keep it more professional by keeping a stronger professional member base.

The quality of dicussion and the domains for sale are much more qualified I feel its a better business environment.

Our forum is a forum that continues to grow as we can see the stats behind it and it is a site that is updated weekly, monthly with security updates, design changes and features. It is a website that conforms to its community rather than random changes.

If you stick around long enough its easier and easier to see the benefits of the forum.

Millering

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Simply do a search, you'll get more than 20 forums, if you have a compete, you'll see DNF is the best, i like it.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain economy is still soft. Though it has recovered some it is not as robust ( at least for me) as it was 2 years ago.

I'm sure things will pick up in the next year or so. I prefer to look long term on domains as it has played out better for me taking that approach. Everyday this market changes and it can get nerve racking if you are looking for signs.........

I agree with you.

The forum is not dead, though slow and sales really low. Not comparable 2-3 years back.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domainers are broke, so they now talk politics :smilewinkgrin:

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I looked at your thread and the names were mediocre at best... People are active here but I guess they did not want to hurt your feelings.

kuro_seany

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah.. I hand regged 90% of them im not expecting much at all, as long as its more then reg fee i am happy, im just wondering if anybody can give me any idea on which of mine i should not have registered and which ones was a good reg

mmerlin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is the best and most professional forum for domainers. NP is OK too but a bit more bargain basement price wise on the whole.

There are different ways to sell domains too, do some searches here and you will find some good strategies for hunting down end user sales that your domains are appropriate for.

Consider your sales strategy and time frame for selling.

Lots of factors, reseller pricing vs end user pricing, whether you are selling the domain partially developed / SEO'd etc.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think thanks to the members and Chuck (who I know I tick off from time to time - sorry) it is still the best forum out there.

I have learned a lot here over the years.

And although my domain sales are way down these days, we will weather the storm...

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look at the backers/owners of this site and NP - these are very strong buyers/sellers here. Maybe pm vs. public posts, but stuff is getting done. I have had extremely positive experiences while here, but it has been via pm, email, phone calls.

Luke

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's real market here on DNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom