• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Don't you hate unwanted renewal letters...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
1,760
Reaction score
0
I often receive this kind of fake renewal letters in email and regular mail... They are annoying... I am sure we all got them... To me, this is a piece of junk mail... :P Really wish I can just tell them to bug off... LOL.


It is time to renew your domain name www.XXXXXXX.XXX

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your domain name www.XXXXXXX.XXX will expire within 90 days.
You may renew your domain automatically with Domain Renewal. Click on the link in this
e-mail to renew the domain for another year. You should renew your domain as soon as
possible in order for it to continue to be registered in your name.

Click here if you wish to renew your domain
--------> http://www.domainrenewalonline.com/for.php?d=XXXXXXX.XXX

As soon as we have received your payment, you will receive a confirmation that your domain
has been renewed.
 
heh i just got that one this morning. They are very easy to spot as fake, the ones that come into the mail get about a 1 second glance and straight to the trash without being opened.
 
My favs:
- junk mail with a SASE enclosed: you can use it to mail back with some junk mail of your own :cool:
- junk mail with toll-free number: it costs nothing to harass them ;)
 
I never thought of replying... Maybe I should as Kate suggested... :)

They are what this little girl is describing...

(a little joke I read today)

A teacher was doing a study testing the senses (taste) of first graders
using a bowl of lifesavers. The children began to say:*

*Red......................Cherry*

*Yellow..................Lemon*

*Green...................Lime*

*Orange..................Orange*

Finally the teacher gave them all HONEY lifesavers. After eating them,
none
of the children could identify the taste.*

"Well," she said, "I will give you all a clue. It's what your mother may
sometimes call your father."*

*One little girl looked up in horror, spit her lifesaver out and yelled,
"Oh, my God, they're ass holes!"*
 
I'm sick of getting them in the post as well.
 
If they're bulk-rate postage paid envelopes enclosed (for US anyways), tape the envelope to a box full of rocks (I think 72 lbs is the limit) and send it back with a note that this is your counter-offer to their proposal.

They get a nice fat postage bill, and you're being patriotic by supporting your postal service.
 
Can you really do that? Oh the fun I am going to have :D
 
I got one for a dot info domain, and two days later someone tried to transfer that domain out to GD.
 
i filled the form in (false of course), and sent it back with cash in, pennies of course
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom