Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

DOORWAY PAGES vs. PARKING PAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are "door way" pages and also "parking templates" both penalized equally by search engines ?

I read that doorway pages are viewed as Black Hat SEO but are "Parking Templates" any different ?

After all, both, doorway pages and parking pages are intended solely for the purpose of funneling traffic,

So why would search engines treat "Parking Templates" any differently then "Doorway Pages" ?

And - if "Parking Templates" aren't penalized by Search Engines - Why wouldnt I just create doorway pages that look and function like "Parking Pages" ?

My Bodis "Parking Templates" get very good traffic thru organic traffic

So at the end of the day - what prevents me from creating my own "Traffic Templates" (Doorway Pages) with the intent to drive traffic and generate leads ?

Can anybody give me their opinions ?

Yaffiliate

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Parking pages most often serve ads using javascript. Javascript is not read by the search engines the same way it displays content to users, so they don't see it as a page of links. Doorway pages use HTML to display links. Javascript would not produce the same desired action for the doorway pages.

Last edited:

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So if I have 1000 highly targeted keyword rich domains that are receiving approximately 60 users each domain every month

I want to convert these users into "leads" by giving them a short form to complete

1 - Is it better to associate these pages with my "real" website or might I end up having my "real" site penalized

2 - I should use Javascript you are saying ? Interesting

Yaffiliate

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you plan on displaying the info on your pages. You host the form, do you plan on forwarding domains, hosting the same form on each, framing? It makes a difference,

My suggestion would be to host the form on your "real site" and 301 redirect all the domains to that page.

That is the cleanest solution. If you start hosting duplicate pages on all your domains and linking back to a single source it starts to look funny (in the eyes of the search engines).

Hope this helps

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you plan on displaying the info on your pages. You host the form, do you plan on forwarding domains, hosting the same form on each, framing? It makes a difference,

My suggestion would be to host the form on your "real site" and 301 redirect all the domains to that page.

That is the cleanest solution. If you start hosting duplicate pages on all your domains and linking back to a single source it starts to look funny (in the eyes of the search engines).

Hope this helps

Ideally I would prefer that the traffic FORWARD to my form on my real website. This way I get the benefit of increased traffic while also getting users that fill out the form

That said, I was kinda concerned that 1000 domains 301 redirect to a page on my site would ultimately hurt my main website

I agree, hosting duplicate pages on my domains and linking back is NOT the way to go

I could just independently host the form on each and every domain - although that would be lots of work - I wouldn't risk having my main site penalized. Plus I would get the added benefit of tweaking the metas on each page to match the URL keyword and be more relevant.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators