• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Dot Orgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2006
Messages
3,584
Reaction score
0
How are the DOTORGS doing against the .infos, .us, and other exts besides dotcoms and dot nets...? will dot org value rise this year ?
 
I think that .info has finally topped .org. I have seen a drop in the sales/value of .orgs since last year. I do not see .org values going up this year.
 
IMO .org remains a valeur sûre. I think the TLD is even undervalued.
I see .org & .info being complementary to each other, sometimes one TLD will fit better than another.
For example I like country domains. Under .info country names are reserved ;)
There have been a few good sales recently. Remember date.org at 150K ?
 
Two-letter ones have gone up tons in the past 12 months. Three-letter ones have also gone up in value, but less sales occurring, probably as a result of increased prices.

- Rob
 
I will continue buying dictionary ORG's from resellers at ridiculously low prices and sell them to end users for four and five figures. Keep bashing, I'm buying :D
 
I'm with Acroplex. Not completely an apples-to-apples comparison but perhaps close enough. Some recent com/info domain sales:

Domain TLD SaleDate SalePrice SaleThr
CarLoans org 2006-01-18 $5000 Afternic
CarLoans info 2006-09-28 $4500 Sedo
CivilDefense org 2006-02-06 $5000 Afternic
CivilDefense info 2006-02-12 $1499 TheNameStore
FamilyHistory org 2005-10-23 $6500 Private
FamilyHistory info 2007-03-10 $800 Sedo
FloridaHomeLoan org 2006-11-17 $2619.6 Sedo
FloridaHomeLoan info 2006-10-17 $575 Sedo
Launch org 2007-01-21 $2500 Sedo
Launch info 2005-09-25 $440 SnapNames
PeakPerformance org 2007-01-28 $1088 BuyDomains
PeakPerformance info 2005-12-06 $1200 TheNameStore
Roofing org 2006-04-09 $3600 SnapNames
Roofing info 2005-12-13 $2500 Sedo
Suez org 2005-10-25 $2400 Afternic
Suez info 2005-10-28 $3500 Afternic

Cheers,
BidNo
 
As soon as Escrow clears it, I will reveal another large ORG sale :D
 
And lots of those. Here's some large .org sales from the last six months:

Domain TLD SalePrice SaleDate SaleThru
University org $100,000 Oct 06 Moniker/Traffic
Red org $50,000 Dec 06 Sedo
Physicians org $45,000 Dec 06 UltimateDomains
WV org $38,000 Dec 06 Afternic
We org $36,500 Mar 07 Moniker/Traffic
DU org $28,500 Dec 06 Snapnames
Bored org $16,000 Oct 06 Private
Arbitration org $12,360 Mar 07 Moniker/Traffic
UPF org $11,250 Dec 06 Moniker/DomainSystems
Secretary org $11,000 Mar 07 Moniker/Traffic
Discounts org $10,600 Oct 06 Moniker/Traffic
Alberta org $10,500 Oct 06 Moniker/Traffic
TVA org $10,099 Jan 07 SnapNames
Thailand org $10,000 Mar 07 Sedo
Alex org $10,000 Oct 06 BuyDomains

And congratulations Acroplex (well, almost...)
 
I think the .info has increased its value a lot, .org are selling good, i don't think they will experiment a drop in their value, but i don't think they will go up either... at least during 2007... just my two cents
 
Depends on the number of digits :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom