• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Drop, Drop Catch, Catch, Snap, Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
5
Which of these terms do you use the most to refer to the act of backorder near to expire domains through places like pool, snapnames, etc?

Drop, Drop Catch, Catch, Snap, Deleted? Anything else?
 
I actually use "backorder"...once I get the name I say "snapped"
 
Let me clarify, I ask when you refer to it in the sense of a market or a "game", not in the sense of placing the backorder. So, refer to it as a noun, not as a verb.
 
backorder is the formal term, snap is the lingo...
 
a backorder
backordering (noun)

What I do is to backorder a name.

The game/activity could also happily be called "drop catching"

I think "snapping" a name used to be a term for backordering a name, as the only company that seemed to do this for you was Snapnames.com. I think it then got used "sloppily" to mean "to backorder".
 
Expired auction

As in you must win the expired auction, as it goes to the highest bidder.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom