Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Drop Service Beta Testers Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello, we are looking for 10 initial beta testers for our new drop service which can be found at http://www.name.net/drop/. We are currently setup to utilize 3 sets or registrar connections to the registry for COM and NET domain names. We operate all 3 registrars (domainsite.com, name.com, and name.net) and do not use third party connections. We have been using these connections to acquire domain names for a single client and will be opening them up to others in the near future.

WE ONLY HAVE THREE SET OF CONNECTIONS!! That means we will probably not get high end names. We do get middle and low end names though, and will obviously try for high end names as well. We are looking for serious beta testers that are interested in middle and low end names, mostly to test the user interface and user experience. We want this to be perfect, or close to it.

Currently, the base retail price starts out at $39.99 and you are only charged if we get the domain. If there are more than one interested parties then there is a 24 hour auction between them. For this phase of testing we will not be triggering any auctions and acquired domain names will be given to those who place the first order for a domain. Initial beta tester pricing will be set at $19.99 per acquired domain name.

Please PM me if you are interested and I will send out invitation codes on Monday morning.

Thanks,
Owen Borseth

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds interesting.. you can count me in :)

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hye owen count me in this too.

owen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FusionX said:
Count me in too

OK, PM's have been sent to everyone that sent me one. Hopefully we can have everyone signed up for tomorrows drop.

Thanks,
Owen

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this one?
Yesterday I saw one they got from my drop list. not a big one, but still something.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmm.. i used it a couple of days for a bunch of really low quality names and didn't get anything....afterwords i gave up, no surprise'

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can u share what name they got?

I have not been successfull and maybe that'll give me a target on the type to go for.

Thanks.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
KwelX said:
Can u share what name they got?

I have not been successfull and maybe that'll give me a target on the type to go for.

Thanks.

prettybrush.net
ovt with ext 36
Looks like name.com LCC got it.
But yeah thats the first one I see in long time. I am only after ovt names.

mike031 said:
hmmm.. i used it a couple of days for a bunch of really low quality names and didn't get anything....afterwords i gave up, no surprise'

They only have 3 connections - so very low change getting anything good.

owen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
Any updates on this one?
Yesterday I saw one they got from my drop list. not a big one, but still something.

Pretty much all of the names we get are very low tier. We just don't have the juice to compete, although we do try, for the high end names. I consider the beta test a failure, for the most part, since the names people want, we really cannot get. Which, in a way, makes it a success since we now know we should probably not offer the service in its current form.

Thanks,
Owen

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
owen said:
Pretty much all of the names we get are very low tier. We just don't have the juice to compete, although we do try, for the high end names. I consider the beta test a failure, for the most part, since the names people want, we really cannot get. Which, in a way, makes it a success since we now know we should probably not offer the service in its current form.

Thanks,
Owen

3 connections is very low.
althought You may try only go after maybe 5 domains daily. Maybe You can get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators