Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

. - Drugs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The perfect, short, brandable, memorable, name for a fantastic online pharmacy.

The .公司 (.gongsi = company) is now a conventional TLD that means .com in chinese.

You can double-, triple-, quadruple-check the 药物 meaning using:

- Babelfish
- A simplified chinese dictionary
- A chinese or taiwanese friend
- A hired human translator

ALL of them will tell you the name is right and the underlying value is huge. Perhaps they will tell you that this is a STEAL too!

This one is a special name for special people, one of the few names I will be patient to sell until I hear a sound offer.

BIN is $12K, offers should start at $800, but I will not ignore smaller offers, just for the sake of meeting nice people here (grin).

Domain is registered at Universal Names and is likely to be transferred as a whole-account change of ownership, as I haven't seen much functionality for domain transfers or pushings.

My Universal Names account has open issues (a duplicate billing), and I might request from the new owner that we share the access while that is solved, but not beyond that. In the case this situation generates any doubt, I assure that the new owner will know everything about me, including my address, phone numbers, existing websites, etc.

Cheers!

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure.

.公司 is a extension that allows chinese people to have pure-chinese domain names.

.公司 stands for "gongsi" (company), and now is a conventional equivalent to .com. .公司 names are independent of the .com TLD.

China created two kanji TLD's: .公司 (.com), .网络 (.net) in addition to the existing .中国 (kanji version of .china).

This page provides better info.

http://www.i-dns.net/newsroom/news/GE050301-01.html.en

According to statistics, more than half of the 135 million chinese internet users can type these names, as the plugins required have been spread during the last 3 years.

FYI, all major company names and single words, phonetically or literally translated to chinese are GONE long ago. Rolex, Tudor, Bentley, DuPont, Microsoft and many, many more, were given the privilege to reserve and register their names before the rush. Don't look for sex.com equivalents, because they are gone too. :'(

I registered a couple great names during the sunrise. :first: DRUGS.COM was assigned to me immediately, but the other name is under dispute, because it was billed twice and never assigned. If this auction ends at the $12K BIN, and the second domain is ever assigned to me, I will give it as a "bonus" to the new owner. In that case I will relinquish the whole account at once, and will provide full details to the new owner to claim the second domain name. Assignment of the second domain is not guaranteed, and that's why it is not included in the deal, but as a potential bonus.

And I say "bonus", because this name is even better than DRUGS.COM. I am not revealing it yet, as someone might try to snap it while my claim is still unresolved. But anyway, it's just a POTENTIAL bonus for the smart person that steals DRUGS.COM at BIN.

All I can say for now is that the second name would make anyone scream and tell you that "you are a mutha****a". That's what people said when I told them the names I got during the explosion.

Under this thread, if you make an offer, you are bidding on 药物.公司 (DRUGS.COM) and only 药物.公司 (DRUGS.COM). Any other domain you ***might*** get from this deal, depending on the outcome of the current dispute, must be regarded as a gift. :wave:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice name Varlin. I sold Sold.com in Chinese-Simplified for $850 on DNF...probably very very underpriced since 50 million user already have the plug in. Good luck in future business!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No they do not. Not for keyword domain names.

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For everyone's info, there is NO NEED to use a plugin for .公司 inside China. ISPs in China has started resolving this extension a few weeks ago. They are going to "rev" up to promote these new extensions once IE7 releases.

But a note, there are several Chinese words for the word "drug" and what the online translators give might not be the popularly used terms.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't have an address in china, but I could register it. That answers one of the previous questions.

The last comment is 100% true. Any word might be represented with different kanji, and there might be a general preference for a particular single kanji or kanji combo (just as using "cool" and "nice" in english, where they might mean the same while cool also has a different meaning of its own).

Money, for example can be represented with one or two kanji, but the single-kanji version also means gold, bank, riches, while the two-kanji word means money, currency, almost unequivocally.

In this case, I tried to make sure that this kanji combo is VERY SPECIFIC and certainly preferred for "drugs" or "medication". Of course, I encourage the buyer to multiple-check it. I reg'd it with the help of 2 chinese people who are fluent in both english and chinese.

Huron

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, i have 朋友.公司 (friends.com) and also dont have adress in china
I really dont know if these kind of IDNs will work
They can only be seen for some chinese users...
Hope you are right hehehehe

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
touchring said:
For everyone's info, there is NO NEED to use a plugin for .公司 inside China. ISPs in China has started resolving this extension a few weeks ago. They are going to "rev" up to promote these new extensions once IE7 releases.

That's even better news, thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom