• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Drunk Regging.. What's your story? Just don't do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
65
I know a few of us have been there, late one night enjoying a few and then a few more then thinking its a good idea to to go register or buy names. My first year in the industry, as a complete noob... I got slightly/pretty intoxicated and stumbled on Microsoft Longhorn. I get so excited!!! I got another Guinesse and started regging up all combination of Windows Longhorn not realizing it was codeword for the now Vista OS. It took me about 2 weeks to realize that error. I ended up with at least 30 Trademarked (cuz the had Microsoft or something in them) or just worthless. LOL. I had no idea what a trademark was for intellectual property. Thats when I told myself I have to treat this business like a professional brick and mortar business. If I'm working- no baby Guiness for me.:yes: What sucked the most was that I told all my friends and associates that MS was going to contact me anytime now- boy the sure did- I got a C+D for a good chunk of those names:disappointed: lesson learned.

Anyone else do something as stupid at that?
 
Not yet :)

Jason
 
Last edited:
Hey, they should offer to refund your reg fee.
 
RUI

Regging Under the Influence :)
 
Whatever I reg is gold...drunk or sober ;)
Have a big list of unreg'd gems I have found if anyone ever is interested! ;)
 
What are those domain names doing there!?!?!? Howd they get there!!?!
:?:
 
Dude, you don't have one of those breathalizer mouses? Good investment.
 
I guess Focus is out of focus...
 
Yep. I've done a lot of RUI, and made a fool of myself on this forum many times as many of you know whilst TUI (Typing Under the Influence). I stay away from DNF, MSN Messenger and the Registrars now when I've got a cup on board.

Ain't that so Dan?

Mind you, I've tried to mend my ways now :)

Now, NOBODY is to cite examples, ya hear? This is a fair and free admission. Kudos to the OP!
 
I've done a few in my time, but the one that sticks out is 'gayvegasweddings.com' - found out a few days later that it's still illegal in Vegas...


EDIT: Couldn't even get it right here.....it was gayweddingsvegas.com
 
I've done a few in my time, but the one that sticks out is 'gayvegasweddings.com' - found out a few days later that it's still illegal in Vegas...

That domain gave me an idea... lezvegas.com -- apparently I'm too late, already regged.
 
I've done a few in my time, but the one that sticks out is 'gayvegasweddings.com' - found out a few days later that it's still illegal in Vegas...

:lol: :lol: Now that's a Classic ;)
 
The most I ever paid for a domain was under the influence, HEAVILY under the influence. I could not believe I paid that much for it.

Screw regging under the influence. That's less than 10 bucks.

But a few grand simply because I wanted the damn thing? And I won?

The real frightening part is when I looked to see the results and saw the maximum bid I had entered for the proxy bidding. HELLO, who in the hell entered that damn amount. Someone musta logged into my account.

So I told myself that I saved a few grand and felt better about it. But it didn't help my hangover.

Yessiree,DON'T DRINK AND BID is my motto.


DDB...just do it!
 
The most I ever paid for a domain was under the influence, HEAVILY under the influence. I could not believe I paid that much for it.

Screw regging under the influence. That's less than 10 bucks.

But a few grand simply because I wanted the damn thing? And I won?

The real frightening part is when I looked to see the results and saw the maximum bid I had entered for the proxy bidding. HELLO, who in the hell entered that damn amount. Someone musta logged into my account.

So I told myself that I saved a few grand and felt better about it. But it didn't help my hangover.

Yessiree,DON'T DRINK AND BID is my motto.


DDB...just do it!
 
The most I ever paid for a domain was under the influence, HEAVILY under the influence. I could not believe I paid that much for it.

Screw regging under the influence. That's less than 10 bucks.

But a few grand simply because I wanted the damn thing? And I won?

The real frightening part is when I looked to see the results and saw the maximum bid I had entered for the proxy bidding. HELLO, who in the hell entered that damn amount. Someone musta logged into my account.

So I told myself that I saved a few grand and felt better about it. But it didn't help my hangover.

Yessiree,DON'T DRINK AND BID is my motto.


DDB...just do it!


Looks like drunk posting, doesn't it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom